PDA

View Full Version : Could anyone help me please?

oheaton
26th Jul 2012, 17:24
Hi everyone,

I'm a student at Loughborough University, studying Air Transport Management, currently just about to start my third year or placement year.

I was 12 months ago, hoping to be able to find a placement within ground operations or airfield operations for 12 months, but this has been a great deal more difficult than first thought and now in September I may not have a placement. I know what I want to do, I want to work within Airfield Operations.

I am a keen, enthusiastic person with a passion for aviation and a specific interest in the operational side of an airport, I would like to work within airfield operations and to further develop my knowledge in this area.

If anyone could help me, it would be most appreciated. I am looking for a 12 month industrial placement/internship with an airport in the UK, can be a smaller airport to gain experience within airfield operations. I need to be starting the placement by September 30th 2012 at the latest.

I am currently living in Blackpool but I am more than willing to relocate for 12 months.

If anyone can help, then please can you get in touch by private message.

Thank You :)

merlinxx
27th Jul 2012, 08:05
You have a PM

oheaton
22nd Sep 2012, 17:04
I've got myself a placement at Blackpool Airport in Airport Operations, due to start shortly.

Very excited!! :)

Inspecthergadget
25th Sep 2012, 10:39
Great to read of success stories like this one. Ok so it's only an Intern Job but nonetheless you've paved the way for a career in Aviation.

Also great to read that you have passion and an interest. Quite where you will channel that passion is hard to determine. I would suggest you get a feel for as much as you can whilst on placement and make wise decisions based on what you enjoy and where there are openings.

Good luck!!