PDA

View Full Version : us vs canada

sheegal
24th Jul 2012, 14:11
hi friends
i am a wannabe pilot.
i am planning to study flight training either in USA or CANADA
I got some doubt regarding that, i need help in it.

A,
1. My main aim is to migrate , i dont want to return
to India(my home country) , i dont want to convert
my license to indian cpl too.
2. i would like to buld up my time to 1500 for ATPL in CANADA OR US

after a few research in internet i found
(pls tell me if i am wrong its just wat i found in net)

IN USA
here we can complete professional course in
12 to 16 months, then we can register for OPT
for hardly a year. after that we should leave country.
i dont think i can build up not more than 400 hour
by instructing in 1 year. so i end up returning home with 400
hours, which is no use to me.

IN CANADA
here we can complete professional course in
14 to 18 months then we can opt for work visa
upto 3 years which is fair enough time to build my hours
more than 1500. and opt for PR and migrate there

Pls tell me is this all true or am wrong???

B,
will i able to get a instructor job after cpl in canada
since there is not any flight school as there in US?

Johnny Bekkestad
24th Jul 2012, 14:18
Which ever you choose you will struggle to immigrate, there are not a lot of pilot jobs available and there are quite a few pilots. So don't think that you will get sponsored easily.
Now, depending on how fast you get your certificates you could have quite some time on your OPT left and it is no impossible to do 80-100 hours a month.
I taught for 5 months and have about 500 dual given, so i know that by first hand.
One other thing to think of is that there is an agreement between the FAA and Canadian CAA that permits you to convert FAA/CAA license to the other all you have to do is two written tests that you can study on Gleim. No checkride either.
When it comes to india, make sure you check that the flight school that you go to has a twin that is recognized by indian authorities.

Good luck!

sheegal
24th Jul 2012, 14:26
thanks johny,

as a flight instructor u would be knowing
far better than me, pls suggest me where should
i go for pilot training, i got only one need, i should complete
1500 hours towards atpl in that country itself by instructing
or in any way possible, if i return back
to my home country its all over, the job , returned pilot
get in India is call centre jobs(not my opinion
read it in news paper)

Johnny Bekkestad
24th Jul 2012, 14:41
I only have experience from one school, i studied at Aviator College. They have 3 programs for you,
1. Commercial, does not fit your needs
2. Flight Instructor
3. College educations
Reading what you say i would strongly recommend option #2 since that is the one that would give you the fastet route and the most time left on your OPT. The college one is a fixed time, you will teach semester 4 and 5. And then you can apply for the OPT for another year as well.

B2N2
24th Jul 2012, 15:19
Sheegal,

I am really not trying to be mean about it but you need some work on your English skills before you do anything.
I can barely read your message through all the spelling and grammar errors.

I think you are trying to put the cart in front of the horse here.
Before you spend any money of flight training concentrate on the immigration process first.
Neither Canada not the US have a pilot shortage so a work visa or immigration opportunity as a pilot are non-existent.
Immigrate legally first before you do anything avaition related.

billboard
24th Jul 2012, 18:05
Finally, i found one of you guys who are still going in for training. I suggest that you go and talk to some of the CPL holders sitting around in India. Otherwise you are going to unnecessarily end up risking 25-30 lakhs.

BTW there is something i have always wanted to ask you people. What in this world has possessed you to take such a big risk? I mean, you know what is the condition of CPL holders in India. So why do you want to be another one of that miserable bunch of guys?

Anyways, at least you are doing some research before plunging in. Most others are like zombies. Following each other like dumb-f**ks.

Be advised that it is almost impossible to get a work permit for a pilot in both USA and Canada. Sorry.

And buddy, ENGLISH! You will have to work on it.

Good Luck!