PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or what?

inner
24th Jul 2012, 07:02
Ok, the last year im applying like hell to get in the airline. Applied with ryan, easyjet swiss, wizz air, dragonair, norwegian, luxair, qatar etc and did not get 1 single phonecall. But in the meantime i read here all the time people getting interviews by these companies!!! Ok i only have 2000jet corporate time and im almost 36. But am i really that old for them? Is my experience simply worthless? Or do i just stink?:ugh: And yes im getting frustrated by this. Did always work hard to get somewhere, never got anything as a present.
Sorry to moan, but i had to get it of my chest. Seeing everybody to get a chance except me.:(

Wesker
24th Jul 2012, 08:26
It can feel like that sometimes. Unfair would not even begin to describe it. I got lucky after a couple of years of trying but most of my friends from flight school did not. It's almost all about contacts or buying your way in these days. Very few airlines give all their applicants an equal chance of getting in.

EK4457
24th Jul 2012, 08:33
Inner,

You are not on your own. Trust me.

eaglesnest1972
24th Jul 2012, 08:54
Its not you or your age. You have experience too...
The problem is type rated mate...
Everyone is looking for that.
No one is willing to pay a dime for your training unless you get into a major.
I am 39 and undergoing a tr on the bus.
It my only chance.
Best!

eaglesnest1972
24th Jul 2012, 10:56
Exactly. Then pack my bags and move to the east. Its my last shot.
Europe will not be better anytime soon.

UAV689
24th Jul 2012, 19:02
Jeez if you guys can't get a job, I am screwed!

Even KFC today announced it will pay for degrees, yet airlines won't invest anything in training :yuk:

Halfbaked_Boy
24th Jul 2012, 19:10
UAV,

Why would they?

I agree with all that's said... It's a sad state of affairs, but there is a fine line between the maxim of trying your whole life (so as not to feel you didn't, as you sit in your armchair aged 75), and not trying SO hard that you don't actually LIVE your life...

N747EX
24th Jul 2012, 23:43
I see hangar 8 have some vacancies on there website for corporate pilots and also Gama aviation have some positions after you create an online profile, good luck!

a320renewal
25th Jul 2012, 08:04
Seeing everybody to get a chance except me
this is what you believe??, actually there are thousand of unemployed pilots looking for anything, airline are not employing, if they employ, it's by the back door, son of captains, whatever!
you can send 1000 resumes worldwide, they will not answer you.

Airlines have stopped to spend money in HR, this show how bad the situation is.

With the world crisis and the colossal debts we have by trillion, people are not ready to fly.
More airlines will be busted, more pilots will be unemployed, and still, you can see some fools here paying for type ratings and line trainings in response to their desperation.

Spain is now asking for 350 billions of euro, who is going to pay?I think in 5 years, Europe will be wiped out of the map(they need a courageous country to leave first, who's first?), and most airlines will be history except Ryanair & Easyjet.

you are too old for them!

eaglesnest1972
25th Jul 2012, 08:22
A320,

the world is not only EU.
And even EU will exit the crisis, not now, not next year, but in a matter of years.
I am not saying this, economists say that.
And btw, if EU will be history, the whole US,CHINA and RUSSIA will be history believe me.

You express radical shame towards the pilots that buy a type, like myself.
So please tell me, what are you doing to put yourself in a better position to be employed? to be more marketable? if i am in this situation is because pilots before me and older than me (i'm 39) didn't care a **** about who was coming next, and this has happened in the whole ******* europe.
I know about pilots who went phisically in Asia with a fresh A320 type and they got HIRED.
So, if you have real useful informations on how myself and the other guys on the thread can make themselves more marketable without buying a type rating please let us know, otherwise please do not simulate the thousands of users in this forum, just talking about how bad is to buy a TR, how bad is the world economy, how many companies will shut down etc. etc.
It's nothing personal, but looks to me that you are here just to complain.
Best.

a320renewal
26th Jul 2012, 11:55
I bought my type rating as well, so I know what I am talking about.
The rest of the world will continue without us, they don't want us, they don't want our JAA license.This is what guys here don't want to understand.

There is no way to create jobs, and get out of this recession with these morons who run this Europe.

You can buy 10 type ratings, you won't find any job, because what we need now is jobs, no type ratings,no line trainings or fancy useless training like the MCC,...

We need real jobs and jobs which paid well, so people can pay their tax, buy cars, buy food, buy a house....

What you guys do, is the reverse, you pay for everything because you don't know what to do. You do exactly the reverse, and my advice to you is do nothing or do something useful only if you are paid decently!

Do you think pilots fly for free in the USA?, do you think airlines can sell block of hours in the USA?

Why Europe and their JAA offices continue to insult us and put us in this misery?We are the one to maintain their stupid jobs, we are the one to pay their Examiners,...

Shame on me! 100'000 euro down the drain!What I got in return? NOTHING!

anyway, I wish you the best!

(I would be interested to know where your friends got hired with a fresh type rating, and exactly how?)

Dufo
26th Jul 2012, 12:53
Shame on me! 100'000 euro down the drain!What I got in return? NOTHING!

Did you have a guarantee to get this money back when you started training?