PDA

View Full Version : Florida Aviation Academy Info please!

FL999
23rd Jul 2012, 16:31
Hi all,

tried searching the forums but couldnt find any relevant information about that flying school. Could anyone who has had experience with that flying school help me out here. The packages look very attractive pricewise but how can you complete a full CPL course with 250 hours in 16 weeks? Appreciate your feedback guys and gals!

Thanks!

Here's the link to their website: Accelerated Flight Training Academy | Commercial Pilot Certification Course|Aviation Career (http://flaviationacademy.com/)

VJW
24th Jul 2012, 00:20
My few pennies worth would say it's not too hard to do 250 hours in 16 weeks, although I've never heard of it being done that quick. I'm guessing this timeframe if quoted, is just for the flying. Of course you need to do theory exams, medicals etc at some point. It sounds like an awful lot of hours in 4 months (16 weeks), but it's only 2 hrs 15 mins a day!

I did a PPL (45 hours) in 3 weeks a good few years back- which works out the same rate per day +/- a few minutes.

zondaracer
24th Jul 2012, 00:35
A friend of mine did 0 to 250 plus CFI rating in 16 weeks (at a different school that doesn't exist anymore), so it is possible but he flew his butt off and he didn't have any issues with aircraft maintenance or weather, so basically all the planets were aligned, but it is possible.

B2N2
24th Jul 2012, 12:43
The fact that it can be done doesn't mean its for everybody.
It would be hard to maintain any sort of learning part from rote at that rate.