PDA

View Full Version : Aerodrome Reporting / Work Safety Officer

Code89
23rd Jul 2012, 05:36
Hi,

is there a training provider near Melbourne running the Aerodrome Reporting Officer / Work Safety Officer Course.

i managed to find in perth and brisbane but that means travelling and accomodation costs, would be great if someone knows any in or around melbourne.

Cheers

Capt Casper
23rd Jul 2012, 08:05
Contact the Australian Airports Association via their web site. They have an approved course and can direct you to qualified trainers in most states.

UnderneathTheRadar
23rd Jul 2012, 12:15
Make sure you do workplace training with the over-officious w*nkers in YMIA.

Every arrival - copies down diligently ASIC details and generally gets in the way.

My last arrival - on dusk - drove at high speed straight towards the runway with me on short final, last minute turned and drove just outside the RWS and set off the bird scarers as I crossed the threshold...

Clare Prop
23rd Jul 2012, 13:47
Don't go wherever the guy in YCUN trained.

Happily commenced a no-radio runway inspection when we were on short final. Had to go round of course but with no idea what he was going to do next we held overhead for a bit...when it looked like he'd finished we landed just as he decided to zoom towards the runway again. He did give us a cheery wave as he missed our wingtip by inches. Not a peep out of him throughout. :mad:

jas24zzk
23rd Jul 2012, 14:23
Every arrival - copies down diligently ASIC details and generally gets in the way.

Who IS allowed to harass your tail for presentation/copying of details of these funny cards that provide no access to cash for the holder?

AFP
Local Police.
CASA

Anyone else?

Traffic_Is_Er_Was
24th Jul 2012, 00:33
Also any one who is a qualified aviation security guard/officer, plus any one acting in a position that has been identified as having that responsibility in the relevant aerodromes OTS approved Transport Security Program.

Code89
24th Jul 2012, 00:34
Capt Casper

just sent them a message, hope to get some favourable information

Cheers

Code89
13th Aug 2012, 08:47
Apparently, Australian Airports Association dont think my query was worth a reply

:confused:

Fieldmouse
13th Aug 2012, 11:45
Not a lot of training providers in this game who provide anything really worthwhile, but Ray Oakley knows his stuff.

Airports Plus Pty Ltd
PO Box 788
Gisborne VIC 3437
Ph: 03 - 5426 2544 / 03 - 6248 5343
Fax: 03 - 5426 2544 / 03 - 6248 5343
Mobile: 0413 868 013 / 0407 827 554

Worrals in the wilds
13th Aug 2012, 12:39
You could get in contact with this bloke, he does some training in that area, though I don't know if he runs courses as such.
http://www.aviation.unsw.edu.au/about/profiles/sullivan.html

Capt Casper
15th Aug 2012, 08:20
Code89, You complain that your enquiry to AAA didn't warrant a response.
Respectfully, you may not be trying hard enough. I note in the aviation section of The Australian - Aviation pages Friday 10th August - that the AAA has secured funding through the "Skills Council" wherever in the depths of beauracracy that might be hidden, to train 113 Aerodrome Reporting Officers.
You can complain here all you like but I think your'e in the wrong place.
AAA have government money - pester the AAA or their members. There is a lot of info on their website. Make your own luck. Someone there must know how to train you if you really want it and have a job to go with it.
Good luck!

tasdevil.f27
16th Aug 2012, 01:36
Rod Sullivan would be your best bet. AMS in Perth are very good however.

Stay away from :mad: Oakley, his company isn't a nationally recognised trainer and most airports do not use his company anymore!

gav_20022002
17th Aug 2012, 05:13
I will Second Tasdevil's comments, not much point forking out decent $$ only to get a certificate that is not actually worth anything in a interview or on a resume.

I believe Rod is pretty much booked out for the next 6-12 months though putting everyone through their Cert III's but would be your best bet. there isnt anything that guy doesnt know about an airport!

Fieldmouse
17th Aug 2012, 05:27
I got about 25 years worth of training out of him over one week in the 90's. Along with Will Heinbreck(sp) and Allan Murphy. Not many left like those guys.