PDA

View Full Version : Sunday lunch FI style, 1994

Bertie Thruster
20th Jul 2012, 10:01
A long time ago on an island far, far away....

imgur: the simple image sharer (http://imgur.com/wGLmg)

taxydual
20th Jul 2012, 11:12
Christmas Day in the Death Star, late '80's.

We had a prize for the most gash Christmas present.

My oppo won it with a present from his Mother in Law.

A £10 Woolworths voucher valid until February.

The nearest Woolworths was how many miles away?

His tourex date was in March.

NutLoose
20th Jul 2012, 13:17
Blimey they seem to be tame parties, did you play pass the parcel too?

soddim
20th Jul 2012, 13:22
I would advise against clicking on the picture - the link is to a page with a most annoying pop-up to an I-Pod Ad which is not straightforward to escape from - maybe the Mods might care to delete this thread.

Bertie Thruster
20th Jul 2012, 14:11
Sorry about that soddim. I did check the link on posting. No problem for me. Must be how I've got the computer firewall set up.

If Photobucket are going to do this I'll find another pic host.

....bored waiting for my apparently non existant G4S olympic shifts, (along with about 3000 others, according to the 'disenfranchised grapevine')

Changed link to 'imgur' from photobucket.

Dunky
20th Jul 2012, 14:29
....bored waiting for my apparently non existant G4S olympic shifts, (along with about 3000 others, according to the 'disenfranchised grapevine') You can include me in that lot as well, so here's a gratuitous shot from me :) (Note the invisible skyhook some people are hanging from)

http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/ae262/SanchoPanza1/25th1-1.jpg

Bertie Thruster
20th Jul 2012, 14:37
NutLoose it wasn't a party it was 'sunday lunch' and we flew to the farmhouse and back.

Just before we took off back to MPA, the 'hostess' ran out to complain that, of the £300 odd quid we had given her in cash, one of the 50 pence pieces was a St Helena one (which she couldnt use)

sisemen
20th Jul 2012, 15:17
April 89 - a quiet drink in the mess at Mt Alice. Hosting a Treasury team looking at food and accommodation charges. Yours truly in the woolly pully.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c92/allan907/MtAlice.jpg

green granite
20th Jul 2012, 15:25
I would advise against clicking on the picture - the link is to a page with a most annoying pop-up to an I-Pod Ad which is not straightforward to escape from - maybe the Mods might care to delete this thread. Sorry about that soddim. I did check the link on posting. No problem for me. Must be how I've got the computer firewall set up.

Nor me either. soddim I suggest you click the box in the tools section of your browser that says 'Block pop-ups' and install the add-blocker add-on for your browser as well, it'll make a big difference.

soddim
20th Jul 2012, 17:01
The link has been changed gg and, for your information, my browser is well protected. The website originally linked had not just a very intrusive ad but it was not straightforward to get rid of. The joy of the internet is, unfortunately, at the mercy of a***holes whatever protection you employ.

NutLoose
20th Jul 2012, 17:09
Blimey at Odi we used to have strippers that did more than but I better not go into that...

Just This Once...
20th Jul 2012, 17:36
But everyone knows there is only one place to eat in the Falklands:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8008/7610486874_680a66f925.jpg

Dining In Albert!

Rigga
20th Jul 2012, 19:26
"A long time ago on an island far, far away....

imgur: the simple image sharer"

Wow!
I did the same Sunday Lunch trip (to Bluff Cove?) years earlier and the havent changed the decor!

endplay
20th Jul 2012, 20:29
No pics I'm afraid but at a 1985 dining in at Black Eagle our keen angler was tasked with providing the fish course (trout from Moody Brook). As he set off the Sqn WO handed him 2 grenades and told him not to return empty handed. Not necessary as it transpired. The cheese platter looked magificent but turned out to be solely tinned compo in some very inventive disguises. Been to uncountable mess do's before and since but that one took some beating. Bodge tape dickie bows with appropriate fines for being unable to undo them on the night raised some extra Port. Well, not Port exactly but that's another story.