PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Aviation MPL

murad009pk
18th Jul 2012, 21:14
hello guys,

Did someone had any info regarding the MPL offered by Alpha Aviation and Air Arabia ,
The price they had quoted is $180,000 , which includes accommodation , almost everything plus you are able to log 1500hrs on a320.
Any thoughts will be most welcome.

Mr. R
2nd Sep 2012, 22:39
they do not include accommodation in the price as far as I know

traveller93
15th Sep 2012, 02:56
Be careful with your money.....

The MPL is a great path to follow as long as you have a guaranteed line training, in writing, with an operator when you have successfully completed the training program.

Choose a reputable FTO and avoid schemes such as the Alpha Aviation Group (AAG) anywhere they are. They have an appalling record despite promising this and the other world.

Check the Clark Institute of Aviation thread to get some facts about their record in the Philippines and the Alpha Aviation Academy (Sharjah).

Read through them and make up your own mind.

http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/281010-clark-institute-aviation-61.html

http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/423554-alpha-aviation-academy-30.html

future-pilot
15th Sep 2012, 13:00
I'm afraid to tell you that if you want a good/realistic answer to your question you should go to Sharjah and speak to the students there.
I spoke with many students doing the Air Arabia program and they are very happy with the program despite the fact that in the past there were few problems.
It is guaranteed to have a final line training with Air Arabia (in order to reach 1,500 hours) what is not guaranteed is that you will succeed during training. There is a selection procedure but there is not a certainty that you will pass all the tests even if you did very well at your selection procedure.

My advice is, if you are 100% sure that this is the right job for you try to go there and speak with many students so you can see what are the advantages and disadvantages.

traveller93
15th Sep 2012, 14:23
I'm afraid to tell you that if you want a good/realistic answer to your question you should go to Sharjah and speak to the students there.
I spoke with many students doing the Air Arabia program and they are very happy with the program despite the fact that in the past there were few problems.
It is guaranteed to have a final line training with Air Arabia (in order to reach 1,500 hours) what is not guaranteed is that you will succeed during training. There is a selection procedure but there is not a certainty that you will pass all the tests even if you did very well at your selection procedure.

My advice is, if you are 100% sure that this is the right job for you try to go there and speak with many students so you can see what are the advantages and disadvantages.

No doubt that, lately, an effort was made to get things on a better footing. No argument there.

My advise to all candidates is that they look at the present without forgetting the past behaviour of AAG and its business ethics that were cause of hardships to many families. Take your time to read through the threads and listen to what AAG has to say with a pinch of salt....

Ensure you are protected in the wording of your written contract. Have a guarantee of a full refund if AAG doesn't fulfill its commitments regarding the training time schedule and line training. Don't fall for verbal promises.

That was the mistake made by the cadets that enrolled in 2007 at Clark Aviation in the Philippines. An 18 month MPL course lasted 3 times more time and some of them are still unemployed despite completing the course and being issued with a MPL licence. A useless document without the "promised" line training.

Protect yourself. Without that, once your money is in AAG's pockets, you can kiss it good-bye.

Happy flying, wherever you go for your training.

Gulfstreamaviator
15th Sep 2012, 16:17
No accomodation is provided.

No 100% certainty of Line Training.

No comment.

future-pilot
15th Sep 2012, 17:34
[QUOTE]No accomodation is provided.

No 100% certainty of Line Training.
[QUOTE]

Are you a student at AAG UAE in sharjah?

malirm
19th Nov 2012, 14:04
Hi Guys...and Hiiiii Taras B

Just for tracking AAG's MPL, and as I am one of them...as a F/O since May, I am now Limited for the Year (I clocked 900 Hours) & enjoying my LEGAL days off...until the end of the Year :ok: while the rest of Batches continue to get into the line training & some just finished...etc. More destinations to come & more Aircrafts to arrive...

This is who I work for:

Air Arabia (http://gulfnews.com/business/aviation/air-arabia-s-third-quarter-net-profit-jumps-126-1.1103897)

What about Air Arabia Careers:

http://www.airarabia.com/careers-list?department=7&location=G9&keyword=&imageField.x=52&imageField.y=2

check the "A 320 CADET PILOT (MPL)" Reference No: ABY1104

FYI, the Selection Procedure has Changed...The Academy aswell has grown, more classrooms were made (inplace of the Flight line) & more Professional staff have been hired, I can say that, it has become interestingly a Huge Academy in the region, I was shocked when I visited it today...from the Car parking to the Offices & classrooms !!!

Please be aware that Air Arabia pays their pilots on a sliding scale according to the per capita income of their passport... so you must ask yourself why would this airline hire an Aussie, Canuck, Euro, Yank cadet when they can employ other nationals for much less money?

And Please, when you talk about Air Arabia, make sure that what you say is correct...because, the things quoted up there are NOT correct ;)

Good Year :ok: