PDA

View Full Version : For those who remember Mikey Kay...

wokkamate
18th Jul 2012, 14:24
Don't worry he is still very much alive! However, he does need your help and would never ask for it, so it falls to those of us who think he is a good bloke who deserves a great opportunity in civvy street.

Mikey was a Puma Pilot in the RAF for about 20 years and he left to try and realise his dream in the USA, having married a beautiful blond US citizen (female!). He is now in the top 3 of a country wide search for a co-host to the presenter of LIVE! With Kelly, a talk show based in NY. Getting into the top 2 depends on our votes, so I (and he) would be most obliged if people could take 2 minutes (that is all it takes to register) out of their busy days to help out by voting. You need to vote for 2 out of three, please do vote for Michael Buckley as he has 600,000 followers on You Tube so Mikey can't beat him in the public vote, but can when it comes to personality for the final decision! Please don't vote for Will Tant!

The place to vote is here (http://dadt.com/live/contest/cohostsearch/12/vote/login.html)

You will need a USA address, so please use this one:

90 Tenth Av, NY, NY, Zip Code: 10011

Voting is open now.

I am sure there will be a load of cynics on here who really don't care, but lots of people do care and everyone is entitled to dream. So, please support someone who has done their bit for Queen and Country as an RAF Pilot and give him your vote.

Thank you! :ok:

P-M-G
18th Jul 2012, 15:47
Done. Mikey was wasted as an RAF pilot. The world should now be exposed to his awesomeness.......

wokkamate
18th Jul 2012, 16:04
Is that you Mikey? ;)

WASALOADIE
18th Jul 2012, 16:10
Done!

Mikey had a great pair of hands at the controls (and with the ladies i believe). One of the best dets I had was with him and Frecks in Kosovo. Kept him in check as the "senior" (age wise) member of the crew. Some challenging flying (LL NVG in a snow storm to get some injured guy to Bond Steel).

Good luck Mikey

cobaltfrog
18th Jul 2012, 16:59
He was crap at whiskey drinking though! ;-)

jayteeto
18th Jul 2012, 17:02
My 'surrogate son'. Not everyones cup of tea, but I thought he was a brilliant character. Destined for TV fame!

CrabInCab
18th Jul 2012, 19:30
Wokkamate,

Your second post - spat my tea.:D

Voting complete, come on Mikey!

heights good
18th Jul 2012, 20:40
He should win, "it's not rocket science" after all :E

Could be the last?
18th Jul 2012, 20:52
'well actually Mikey, I think you will find it is!' Rocket Science................

A legend in his own lunch break - But still deserves a vote! And I remember shooting an approach to Lisnaskea? with him and Phil B, With Phil asking him to confirm if he knew his left fm right as we slowly drifted towards the fence:D I guess you had to be there!

mitsubishi
18th Jul 2012, 21:08
Looks like Mikey has had a nose-job ? Did he get that 'for service reasons', before he decided to leave ?:O

sangiovese.
18th Jul 2012, 22:10
Is that his RAF tie he's wearing with the crazy suit????

shurely not!

obnoxio f*ckwit
19th Jul 2012, 08:48
Just tried to pop him another vote (only because if he gets the job he's less likely to come back...;)) and it appears that "LIVE's Coast to Coast Co-Host Search voting is Now Over"

How does it work from now on?

wokkamate
19th Jul 2012, 11:07
The final two are decided today based on last nights studio and public votes, so will post on here to let you all know how Mikey got on, probably later ths avo. Once it is the final 2, I think it is only down to the studio audience vote, so our job is done if we get him there. Here's hoping. Like you said, at least if he gets a job hosting on US TV it will stop him from coming back over here! ;)

A big thanks on behalf of the man himself to all of you who bothered to vote for him, he has been pretty overwhelmed by the support he has received from people all over the world! :ok:

Al R
19th Jul 2012, 13:48
This might help..

10 Minute Mail (http://10minutemail.com/10MinuteMail/index.html)

wokkamate
19th Jul 2012, 14:58
Unfortunately Mikey was voted off by the :mad: (dumb) American voting public, so finished 3rd overall in a nationwide US competition - not bad really!

I guess it was too much of a leap of faith for the US Audience to vote for a Brit Vs Americans :ugh:, but he gave it his best shot and I suspect that this is not the last the US (or us) will hear of Mikey Kay! :cool:

On behalf of the big man, thank you all for your support, fly safe and look out! :ok:

Cheers all. :D:D:D:D

Ps - yes the emoticons are annoying, but they add a bit of emphasis don't you think? ;)

Tourist
19th Jul 2012, 15:10
Does this mean he might come back?!?:eek:

jayteeto
19th Jul 2012, 15:27
Bad luck Johnny Bravo, "Want to see me comb my hair real fast?"

Good luck with the American Dream :ok:

Mr-Burns
19th Jul 2012, 15:29
I voted for the other guy.