PDA

View Full Version : Oh Leery's latest brainwave.......

ilesmark
17th Jul 2012, 08:54
Ryanair plans to fly planes with broken toilets - AOL Travel UK (http://travel.aol.co.uk/2012/07/16/ryanairs-planes-fly-with-broken-toilets/?ncid=webmail10)

Scott C
17th Jul 2012, 08:58
I'd love to eventually make it to being an Airline Pilot, but if the only job I was offered was to work for Ryanair, i'd have to think harder about accepting it than refusing it.

O'Leary is just greedy...plain and simple! It's people like him that run this industry in to the ground.

Tableview
17th Jul 2012, 09:41
"In the rare event there is a technical problem with all toilets on board, permission may be granted for the flight to depart with no serviceable toilets. Any passenger not wishing to travel can apply for a refund."

As O'Leary has always said : "If dey don't loik it, dey can piss off."

edi_local
17th Jul 2012, 11:48
This won't be happening. Just like the £1 for the toilets myth that never happened, or the standing up myth that never saw the light of day.

What I can see is FR eventually charging for hand baggage, much like spirit does in the US.

flying phil 2007
17th Jul 2012, 12:17
I did indeed fly back from Jerez a few years back, if I recall there was only one working toilet... we were told to "go" before we boarded.... it was either wait for the toilets to be fixed - which would have meant we would have gone past the curfew and been delayed until the morning.. or cross your legs....
You get what you pay for ,,, and I did not pay much, the legroom is fine, modern 737,,,have flown them since with no problem... nobody forces you to fly with them..

Halton Brat
17th Jul 2012, 13:02
Non-starter - x functioning toilets are required per y pax - Minimum Equipment List (MEL) requirement - no loo, no go, end of.

Just the normal Ryan blarney.........

HB

DaveReidUK
17th Jul 2012, 13:14
Just the normal Ryan blarney.........

O'Leary is the strategist, you can't expect him to get bogged down with the detail.

i_like_tea
17th Jul 2012, 13:45
but if the only job I was offered was to work for Ryanair, i'd have to think harder about accepting it than refusing it.

No, you would accept it with open hands.. if it was the only job going.
The world isn't some big airline recruitment playground.. sorry!

Sunnyjohn
17th Jul 2012, 15:36
or the standing up myth that never saw the light of day.

Not strictly true. From today's online issue of flights.co.uk:

But, Ryanair's project of creating a standing-only area on its flights to make space for 41 extra passengers doesn't work either with the new Boeing. For doing so, it would be necessary to remove the rear lavatories as well as the last six rows of seats. O'Leary said that they won't place any new order until Boeing comes up with a solution for this inconvenience.

I love it - removing the toilets is an inconvenience!

Mr Angry from Purley
17th Jul 2012, 17:34
if the toilets don't work he can stick a belt on and sell the seat...:\

Captivep
18th Jul 2012, 15:31
I heard him speak at a conference the other week and he was, apart from being surprisingly likeable, very open about all these wheezes...

He knows that they are almost always nonsense; he knows that they always get reported; he knows that every such report generates a spike in web traffic; and he knows that some of those people will then buy a ticket.

EZY7117LPL
18th Jul 2012, 18:06
What Ryanair should do is fine people who turn up late to the gate, just something like £5-£10.

McBruce
18th Jul 2012, 18:43
Check the MEL again HB.

3 onboard, 0 required for dispatch:

(M) Associated lavatory system(s) may be
inoperative provided:
a) In the event all 3 lavatories are inoperative,
the Chief Engineer or, in his absence, the Deputy
Chief Engineer must grant permission to use this
relief.
b) Associated components are deactivated or
isolated to prevent leaks, and,
c) The pilot-in-command will determine if flight
duration is acceptable with the forward Lavatory
unusable, and
d) Associated lavatory door(s) is secured closed
and placarded “INOPERATIVE – DO NOT
ENTER”.Do you think the engineer would grant permission? you can bet your ass on it. It will be the skippers call not to fly, unless its a 20-40 minute flight. Remember, your asking the crew to work in an environment with no relief for their duty which will be a lot longer on the aircraft than any passenger.

EZY7117LPL
31st Jul 2012, 17:29
What I mean is if you dont turn up to the gate until 25 mins before (gate opens 40 mins before and closes 20 mins) then you are fined £5-£10.

cyflyer
2nd Aug 2012, 16:56
From the AOL travel-uk:
(http://travel.aol.co.uk/tag/ryanair/)Ryanair (http://travel.aol.co.uk/tag/ryanair/)'s longest UK route is from Stansted to Rhodes, Greece, and takes four hours.
Really ? so, Paphos in Cyprus is nearer than Rhodes to Stansted ?
Have to agree with Halton Brat. It has to be a CAA requirement for a minimum of working toilets, especially at the front for the flight crew. How are they expected to fly an airliner safely when they are dying for a leek or a dump ? Otherwise everyone can just do a Gerard Duepardieu, and just do it on the floor and let MOL clean up the mess !

Agaricus bisporus
4th Aug 2012, 09:45
How is it that no one seems able to see MoL's bletherings for what they are, a free publicity generation scam?

Come on people, wake up! Use a bit of common sense before swallowing this crap as fact!

Romulus
4th Aug 2012, 10:48
Surely a better option is to install cameras in the toilets, put huge signs up advertising the fact and then charge for them to be "broken" until teh door is opened again?

Just a thought.

donnlass
7th Aug 2012, 22:57
All airlines should fine people who turn up late unless they have a genuine reason, traffic, left passport at home, breakdowns, the usual.

What about those who have the frequent calls for them that they are delaying their flight should they be fined lots when they deign to turn up, or just left behind.