PDA

View Full Version : Post Olympics skirmish anyone?

Grimweasel
16th Jul 2012, 17:14
BBC News - US Navy ship 'fires on boat in Gulf' (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-18862480)

Things are getting tasty in the Middle East. What's the bets we have a little skirmish out there post Olympics to take our minds off the collapsing Government coalition and the worsening global economic doom? I wonder what odds William Hill will offer of war with either Syria or Iran by the end of the year?? 10-1?

The best bet would be to buy a Crude Oil ETF - either war crude will rocket from it's current 9 month lows.

soddim
16th Jul 2012, 19:54
Killing an Indian fisherman and three others is not likely to enrage the Iranians or increase the price of oil. It does, however, reinforce my opinion that whenever Americans have armed weapons, the safest place to be is well away from them.

Al R
17th Jul 2012, 06:05
Grim,

Your cunning plan to anticipate the price of crude has a fatal flaw. These days, all the state has to do is call the bank!

Libor scandal: Was the petrol price rigged too? - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/energy/fuel/9403298/Libor-scandal-Was-the-petrol-price-rigged-too.html)

sitigeltfel
17th Jul 2012, 08:15
I'm surprised at the restraint shown by the ship. Letting loose with their .50cal when they had Phalanx to play with :E

Grimweasel
17th Jul 2012, 10:33
Yes saw that Al!! I wonder how far the rot goes??

bobward
17th Jul 2012, 11:26
According to the BBC website, there are rumours of chemical weapons in Syria...
Anyone else getting a feeling of deja view over this?

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.....:=

StopStart
17th Jul 2012, 12:06
I think a quote from that mighty war leader George Dubya might be a little more apposite:

Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

N707ZS
17th Jul 2012, 17:56
Call G4S they will fix it! For a managment fee that is.

Agaricus bisporus
17th Jul 2012, 19:24
Reassuring to see that such blinkered xenophobia (aka racism) is alive and well amongst number of the members here. Not to mention a firm and coherent grasp of reality. Not.

The BBC report was pretty specific, what the **** else do you suggest a warship does in such circumstances, throw a copy of the Guardian at it and ask if they had a troubled childhood?

For shame.

500N
17th Jul 2012, 19:28
bobward

"According to the BBC website, there are rumours of chemical weapons in Syria... Anyone else getting a feeling of deja view over this?"

I think you maybe need to catch up with reality,
it is way past rumours.

That is why the US is so concerned because the Syrians may have
started moving the chemical weapons, not just IF they have them.

Biggus
17th Jul 2012, 19:59
I'm surprised Jakey hasn't appeared on this thread and made a comment yet....

Two's in
17th Jul 2012, 20:29
I'm surprised Jakey hasn't appeared on this thread and made a comment yet....

...give it another 24 years.

Biggus
17th Jul 2012, 20:36
Nice one..... :ok::ok:

Al R
18th Jul 2012, 06:45
Yes saw that Al!! I wonder how far the rot goes??

Bob Diamond and Nick Buckles are a modern metaphor - one fixes the numbers too high, the other too low and then they walk away. How far does it go? All the way down to the likes of you, me and people with sand still in their berets checking IDs at some Holiday Inn near East London.