PDA

View Full Version : BBC2 now

sunnybunny
15th Jul 2012, 19:18
Extremely interesting program about the British Airways maintenance facility at Cardiff and the strip down and rebuild of a 747.

onyxcrowle
15th Jul 2012, 20:06
Good program

lenhamlad
15th Jul 2012, 23:26
Very interesting indeed with none of the annoying adverts on the Sky documentary channels.

SpringHeeledJack
16th Jul 2012, 06:43
An interesting program indeed, though it might have been nice to see them putting the interior back in, rather than the two presenters leaving Cardiff with a gutted airframe and coming back to a sumptuous newly fitted first class. A bit like Blue Peter's "and here's one I made earlier.." ;)

SHJ

DaveReidUK
16th Jul 2012, 07:50
An interesting program indeed, though it might have been nice to see them putting the interior back in, rather than the two presenters leaving Cardiff with a gutted airframe and coming back to a sumptuous newly fitted first class. A bit like Blue Peter's "and here's one I made earlier.."

That was to avoid potential embarrassment in case, having re-assembled those "20,000 parts" (sic), they found they had a few left over. :8

magpienja
16th Jul 2012, 12:44
Thanks for the heads up...just caught up with it on the BBC i player...very interesting,

Engineering Giants if anybody is looking for it.

Nick.

VC10man
16th Jul 2012, 17:29
I enjoyed the program and also would have liked to see them putting it back together.
They might have told us that it went tech 2 days into service!
I wonder which plane it was getting scrapped?

Flightmech
16th Jul 2012, 17:32
An aircraft can go tech at anytime due to a component failure/system malfunction. Doesn't necessarily mean it was due to anything that occurred during its check at BAMC.

VC10man
16th Jul 2012, 18:29
No, but I have heard that planes often go tech after a major service. And I'm not surprised after seeing all the parts taken off. However they get it together is a mystery to me!