PDA

View Full Version : BOMBARDIER-Smart Parts Plan

Turbinator_PT6A
14th Jul 2012, 16:09
Hello fellow PPruners!

We are in a process of acquiring a Challenger 300 (Brand New!) I just had a query on the Smart Parts plan offered by Bombardier,Is it any value for money? specific benefits if any for a brand new a/c,since the 5 yr warranty covers parts and labor cost on work done at ASC....

Your views are respected...thank you all...

LGW Vulture
14th Jul 2012, 16:55
For one thing, if and when you sell the aircraft and it is not on Smart Parts then your residual value will suffer accordingly. Most CL300s will be on the programme!

His dudeness
15th Jul 2012, 21:52
your residual value will suffer accordingly.

Hmmm, deduct what you pay from what you MIGHT get more on resale -> donīt think there is too much of a difference. It might sell easier though (in todays market, in a 2007 market nobody cared...so...do you know how the market will be when the airplane is sold....?)

It really depends on how the owners look at it IMO, you make it easier to calculate with a program, less risk at higher cost.

My owners (not a 300 but a C680...) decided not to take any sort of program and for the time being we paid not much out of our pocket (airplane turns 5 in August, last parts of warranty running out by then)

So all in all our was cheaper up to now without program, OTOH I do cases were that was the other way round....

BTW Iīm officially jealous, a fantastic airplane you`ll get and a good steak at the 40Westt Steakhouse in Montreal when you pick it up... loved every second I flew it. (well, almost...)

LGW Vulture
16th Jul 2012, 08:28
OK so ask yourself this:

Where does the bigger risk lie? Smart Parts or NO Smart Parts?

IMHO - the bigger risk lies in the latter.

FrankR
16th Jul 2012, 09:03
My opinion is that smart parts eliminates risk and provides a benefit when creating budget numbers. Many a flight department has closed after a large unforecasted "event".

I believe it does increase resale value and reduces time on market, since it signals that the flight department took care of the aircraft, and didn't defer items.

FR

flydive1
16th Jul 2012, 09:13
Well FrankR, I was just typing exactly the same thing. Agree totally.

His Dudeness, it used to be the "Queue de Cheval", at least with the GLEX, but now, you know, the recession.....;)

His dudeness
16th Jul 2012, 09:30
you make it easier to calculate with a program, less risk at higher cost.

Where does the bigger risk lie? Smart Parts or NO Smart Parts?
IMHO - the bigger risk lies in the latter

I did ask myself, didnīt I ?

LGW Vulture
16th Jul 2012, 09:40
Your initial repsonse was neither fish nor foul! ;)

The poor guy needed guidance.

His dudeness
16th Jul 2012, 09:41
G, whenever I find the time I will be moaning for you! Your life is soo hard! ;)

What about your bike, is it still running fine? Mine is!

His dudeness
16th Jul 2012, 09:42
Your initial repsonse was neither fish nor foul!

The poor guy needed guidance.

You sell insurances? ;)