PDA

View Full Version : Stamp holder question (Form 4)

400hz Buzz
13th Jul 2012, 13:12
Just wondering if there’s anyone involved in Aero quality departments that can advise on how many stamp holders there should be in relation to Contractors employed? The guy in our shop is often too busy to keep an eye on all the work going through and thinks he should have extra stamp holders.
Place in question is a UK Part 145 Component Repair Station.
Previous place I worked all repair techs could stamp off Easa Form 1’s

My apologies if I’ve posted in the wrong place :hmm:

woptb
14th Jul 2012, 14:59
AMC 145.A.30 (Personnel requirements)
1. Has sufficient staff means that the organisation employs or contracts competent staff,as detailed in the manhour plan,of which at least half the staff that perform maintenance in each workshop,hangar or flight line should be employed to ensure organisational stability. For the purpose of meeting a specific operational necessity,a temporary increase in the proportion of contracted staff may be permitted to the organisation by the competent authority........

8.Significant deviation from the maintenance man-hour plan should be reported through the departmental manager to the quality manager and the accountable manager for review. Significant deviation means more than a 25% shortfall in available man-hours during a calender month for any one of the functions specified in 145.A30 (d).
Extract from 145 regs.
A lot depends of on what it says in your MOE.It seems to me your intimating that blind stamping is going on,if so it's VERY,VERY dodgey !!!

400hz Buzz
14th Jul 2012, 17:51
Woptb

Thanks for your guidance. One stamp holder now has 2-3 contractors and maybe 4 permanent staff under him. Not quite sure how to interpret AMC 145 but I guess that's more than 50% permanent staff.

Another Stamp holder has one full time contractor and 2 part time contractors. Personally I cant see how anyone can watch over that many people and I don't think there are enough stamp holders. Guess I'll have to re-read the MOE and challenge management/quality again if needed.

DC-6B
28th Jul 2012, 15:25
Hi

Being involved in part 145 quality and engineering aspects, i have to say that figures and gray shaded rules that are all up to interpretation (by you, by the agency and even more so the agencies inspector) I think you should also look at this with some company view and then sell it to the agency the way you want to have it...consider the following:
- how experienced and qualified is the non-certifying staff
- based on the above, how much realtime supervision is reall required or do you just need someone to put the stamps in at the end
- how many are required to keep your operation afloat under normal conditions with shift work, holidays, sick leave, etc.

Just going by the rules to please the agency may not be the ideal company approach...