PDA

View Full Version : few quastions

Benb52
12th Jul 2012, 13:14
hey guys how are you all?

ill really appreciate if some one can help me with some of the few quastions that i have for a very long time ( just found out about this forum) tnx

1) where is the best place to study in melbourne to fly in order to become a airline pilot ( im international student if it matter)

2) i have a hearing problem only on hear is damage the second one its good!
what are the consequances? if there is some? how can its affact me in the future?

3) a uni degree is important or its not necessary?

ill be happy to get as much help that i can from every point of view thank you so much......

Ixixly
12th Jul 2012, 13:22
Oh boy... chum in the water... i'm going to wait for the sharks....

propelled
12th Jul 2012, 13:37
hi benb52,
good thanks, welcome to pprune...

firstly, id forget about ur 1st question for now..

best to get question 2 sorted out first.. to become an airline or commercial pilot you will require a class 1 aviation medical. i am not sure about hearing requirements so cannot advise.. but best u go get that one before anything else. wish you all the best for the medical

Checkboard
12th Jul 2012, 13:47
propelled - I really don't think it is appropriate to make fun of the original poster with those obvious errors, text speak and poor grammar. (S)he has said English is their second language, you know. :rolleyes:

propelled
12th Jul 2012, 14:32
hey checkboard,
nah mate, not making fun of original poster at all... regardless of spelling or grammar etc, as we all know that really has nothing to do with flying an aircraft.. well to some extent anyway...
but just more concerned on him/her getting good advice of getting a class 1 medical first rather than worrying about where to study or if a uni degree is necessary etc.. that would be number 1 priority right now before even considering training...
good luck to him/her who wants to have a go at aviation and wants to spend his/her $ for training here in oz i say..
Benb52, i hope the hearing issue does not rule out a class 1 medical issue.
cheers

Lasiorhinus
13th Jul 2012, 00:16
propelled and benb52 are the same person?

They do not share the same IP address or location.

Tail Wheel

tail wheel
13th Jul 2012, 02:05
Ben

Responses to your questions:

1) where is the best place to study in melbourne to fly in order to become a airline pilot ( im international student if it matter)

We do not permit that question on PPRuNe as the majority of responses may not suit your circumstances or the responses may be commercially biased. We are aware of one flying school that had 23 PPRuNe user identities, used to "recommend" their school. Go and talk to flying schools, their instructors and students and see whether school suits you.

2) i have a hearing problem only on hear is damage the second one its good! what are the consequances? if there is some? how can its affact me in the future?

No one here can answer that question. You must visit a CASA approved doctor and complete the medical examination for a First Class Medical.

3) a uni degree is important or its not necessary?

You do not currently require a University degree to be employed as an airline pilot. There are thousands of opinions out there, most of which have been posted on PPRuNe far too often in the past. Use our Search function.