PDA

View Full Version : Corporate flying in Republic of Congo

Gizmo1
12th Jul 2012, 08:02
Hi All. Anyone got any experience of flying in Congo? Advert recently for crew out of Pointe Noire. Usual questions really. Is it safe and are you likely to get paid or not ? Thanks .... Giz.

Anthony Supplebottom
12th Jul 2012, 16:24
Corporate flying in Republic of Congo

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/rolling.gif

Unless you're flying in to drop pax - forget it!

His dudeness
12th Jul 2012, 16:59
There used to be a guy on the forum who flew (or maybe still does) out of Kinshasa... on a Let 410

His forum name is mATT84DC ....

gumpy972
13th Jul 2012, 16:51
Hi

Don't confuse Congo Brazzaville where Brazzaville is the capitale and Pointe noire the second largest city near the ocean and Republic democratic of Congo where Kinshasa is the capitale.
Generally speaking Congo Brazzaville is safe(both for normal and aeronautical life) ,many jets,turpoprops and helicopters are based in Brazzaville and pointe noire.
Having said that it is a a very poor country where nothing really works well ,but either you know Africa or you don't and you will see by yourself.
Rdc and Kinshasa ,chaotic country ,civilian war is still not over ,and aircraft are generally very old and not well maintained.
Personnaly I will not accept a job in Rdc (the flying yes as long as I don't stay and I don't go into the danger zone).
For Congo Brazzaville well I do have a job as a corporate pilot there ,and we are quite a few.
Better places elsewhere surely but nowadays you work where you find a job.
Hope that helps...

Cheers!