PDA

View Full Version : Routes to Africa

Mr Mac
11th Jul 2012, 16:34
Have being using EK for a number of years (10+) on services to Far East / Africa and was wondering if there was any chance of services to Mombasa starting. Reason for the question is I have just completed a contract down there involving reasonably frequent trips. On these trips I became aware of how many fellow travellers (both Business and Bucket and Spade) were on the flights up and down to Nairobi coming off or onto the European bound carriers. I would have thought this would be a good possible traffic flow for EK with there better European connections via DXB not to mention freight. Must admit to bit of self intrest as we have won yet another job down there starting next year :{, and I am getting fed up with having to use BA and the LHR two step (much prefer DXB + Skywards points !!). Any chance do you think ?;).

kotakota
12th Jul 2012, 12:50
Kenya Airways were doing a LHR Mombasa direct a while back with the 777 , not sure if it is still going . Thomson also have direct flights to Mombasa , as do a couple of other charter outfits selling on a seat only basis . When I was in Oman I could see that a Saturday flight to Mombasa from either Dubai or Muscat could be a winner , but no takers yet !

Airmann
12th Jul 2012, 15:36
Qatar Airways will be stating Mombasa from 15 Aug. it will be a one stop flight via Dar-es-Salam, Tanzania.

Mr Mac
12th Jul 2012, 20:34
Kotakota / Airmann
Thanks for the feed back on this. I was aware of charter route but Quatar sounds better given Man conections and service provided :). Once again thanks all for the up date.

safelife
12th Jul 2012, 21:22
Air Berlin is doing Dusseldorf-Mombasa, but I believe only once a week.
Might be an option if there is a reasonable route to Dusseldorf for you.