PDA

View Full Version : Info on Avalon Aviation?

AngleAndAttack
3rd Apr 2002, 09:05
Hi,

I would like to know what happened to Avalon Aviation or Georgian Bay Airways . Last I know they were based in Parry Sound, Ont.

I think they were owned by Powell Corp. Parry Sound

Thx

AngleAndAttack
5th Apr 2002, 08:08
Bump....
;)

Dockjock
5th Apr 2002, 13:05
Georgian Bay Airways ceased to exist approximately 15 years ago I believe. There is now another company doing seaplane charters, tours, and fly-in fishing from Parry Sound called 30,000 Island Air (http://www.islandair.ca). Good little company- 2 Beavers and 3 C180s- I had a great season there two years ago.

AngleAndAttack
5th Apr 2002, 16:55
Dockjock,

Thank you for the heads-up.

I just went into the "whats happened to?" mood the other day, and posted here to find out.

Happy landings!
:)

Chuck Ellsworth
5th Apr 2002, 20:25
Avalon Aviation was started by Bob ( Moose ) Murdock in 1972 with one PBY 5A C-FHHR.

Several more PBY's were added over the years, finally Bob sold the company to Frank Powell of Georgian Bay Airways and they ceased operations in the mid eighties due to the Government giving and selling the 215's to the provinces.

Several of their aircraft can still be found around the world.

C-FHHR is in Holland C-FHNF a PBY6A is parked in North Weald north of London and C-FCRR is in a hangar in Paris and still in very good condition and will be back flying probably this year.

Cat Driver