PDA

View Full Version : GLEX 180 minutes ETOPS

Amiri01
10th Jul 2012, 05:14
Bombardier have the paperwork to support 180 minutes ETOPS approval for the GLEX. However, they have not been able to advise if any operators have received such an approval,

I need either to identify a national regulatory authority that has granted such an approval, or alternatively, an operator who holds such an approval (if indeed anyone has ever actually obtained such an approval).

I have contacted a number of national regulatory authorities already but getting an answer is not easy (good on the FAA for getting back to me within 3 days).

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Amiri01

Propellerpilot
10th Jul 2012, 08:56
As far as Europe goes, there is no ETOPS approval for this ac - ETOPS is for aircraft over 100000lbs and the Global just falls short - so it can not be ETOPS certified here.

What we are talking about here in Europe is called EROPS - the radius of the 3hrs is converted to a distance - on the Global it is +/-1065NM depending on the MTOW. In oder to it get certified and on your AOC, you will need to gradually work towards the 3hrs by proving your aircrafts reliability. I have worked for a company that had achieved the full approval - the plane is registered at the German LBA.

Amiri01
10th Jul 2012, 16:37
Thanks Prop and to those who pm'd me. I now have some leads to follow up on.

Cheers,

Amiri01

CL30FL
11th Jul 2012, 16:43
It's called EROPS.
Easy to get in Europe.
If you are interested drop me a PM.