PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair site problems?

VnV2178B
7th Jul 2012, 10:50
Just a quickie, I am trying to book and confirm various flights with Ryanair but the site seems to be siezing up at random.

Ia anyone else having this problem is it me?

Sunnyjohn
7th Jul 2012, 16:08
I just tried a booking on your behalf and I had no problem - I'm afraid it is you!

Good luck!

rjc54n
8th Jul 2012, 11:15
Not just you VnV. I had trouble completing a booking on Thursday and now online check-in is freezing. I resorted to Internet Explorer which seemed to cope with their site better. Chrome, Firefox and Safari all struggled.

VnV2178B
8th Jul 2012, 11:32
rjc,

thanks for the IE hint. I usually use Firefox but switching to IE and it worked.

Maybe coincidence, maybe not.

davidjohnson6
8th Jul 2012, 18:20
The booking / online checkin section of Ryanair's website seems to be permanently flakey. I suspect that to increase the reliability statistics for making or viewing a booking through to completion up to the level of other airlines will require Ryanair to spend a significant amount of money on their IT systems. The use of CAPTCHA on the Ryanair website indicates the company is not particularly concerned about the user experience in the sales process.

Most companies would normally expect to see a return on capital before embarking on any significant spend of money on an IT system - Ryanair is the same.
If people are happy to come back to the website 30 mins later to try again, then it becomes more difficult to justify to the board why the money should be spent.