PDA

View Full Version : The sequel; Registration Fiasco Part Two

Kamelchaser
6th Jul 2012, 05:34
Not directly aviation related but as residents we're all affected....

Headlines in the local UAE entertainment pages over the last few days....

Following the amazing popularity and success of "UAE I.D. Card Registration Process", the relevant authorities announce the release of the much anticipated sequel, "My number, My identity" (otherwise known in Satwa and other such salubrious neighborhoods as "Registration Fiasco Part Two")

Pre-release details leaked to media indicate the storyline runs similar to Part One; 12 million sim cards required to be registered at 130 outlets in 18 months with a confusing array of ever changing rules and documents required, leads to numerous "fine dates" being forever deferred, with subsequent social chaos and confusion, mixed together with a large degree of apathy.

Sources on the inside say that while the numbers simply don't stack up, that has never stopped a blockbuster being released in the past.

Entry charge is yet to be determined; but no doubt this will create a healthy income stream for the aforementioned relevant authorities, and more work for under-employed locals.

See it at an Etisalat or du store near you from 17 July (along with 6 million others in the same queue).

Old King Coal
6th Jul 2012, 07:51
See also: DubaiOne: TRA launches "My Number, My Identity" Campaign - YouTube

ironbutt57
6th Jul 2012, 08:04
Bahrain did this few years back, was not so bad given...much lower population, and convenient kiosks at all malls and shopping centers....the UAE...well have fun...:eek:

givemewings
6th Jul 2012, 16:10
Too much to expect them to have done something with all the info provided when registering for a SIM card in the first place, then? :oh: (Visa, pp copy, blood type, firstborn child etc etc tec)

Gulfstreamaviator
6th Jul 2012, 17:00
Many times when trying to access service providers, I am asked for my mobile number, and not my EID, passport, or mother maiden name.

So the Mobile number has a lot of relevence to ones ID status.

What happens when your mobile is stolen, and you can not access many of your service providers, because you have a new mobile.

My mobile was provided by my original chief pilot, against his name, over 6 years ago...... I have been trying to upgrade to post paid, for 5 years, but as my name is not Mustafer al Kong, I have no options.

glf

Capt Groper
6th Jul 2012, 18:09
At best efforts 10mins per customer x number of Du and Etisalat outlets during working hours = 3 yrs to complete 7.5 million Sim cards.

Gulfstreamaviator
7th Jul 2012, 10:00
Secret morality police re scheduled to check all sim cards, in dawn swoop.

How to tourists get UAE SIM, previously just show passport, and uncles birth certificate.....

glf