PDA

View Full Version : Finally Adelaide and a bunch more! (Emirates)

Easy Ryder
4th Jul 2012, 11:55
Adelaide (4 weekly flights beginning 1st November 2012)
EK440 departs Dubai on a Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday at 01:55hrs and arrives in Adelaide at 20:45hrs – using a Boeing 777-300ER in a three-class configuration.

Perth (5 extra flights from 1st December 2012)
EK422 leaves Dubai at 21:45hrs on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday and lands in Perth at 12:25hrs the next day – operated with a Boeing 777-300ER in a three-class arrangement.

Lyon* (5 weekly flights from 5th December 2012)
EK81 departs Dubai on a Monday, Tuesday Wednesday, Friday and Saturday at 14:35hrs and arrives in Lyon at 19:00hrs – using an Airbus A340-500 in three-cabin classes.

Warsaw (daily flights from 6th February 2013)
EK179 takes off daily from Dubai at 07:30hrs and lands in Warsaw at 10:45hrs – served by an Airbus A330-200 in a three-class configuration.

170to5
4th Jul 2012, 12:32
One would hope this means there is room for some of the swimmers now, if they go ahead with all aeroplane retirements it'll be interesting to see how they cope with even more routes!

Laker
4th Jul 2012, 13:48
EK is receiving 24 777's this year plus a handful of 380's. I'm sure they will have plenty of aircraft to open many more destinations.

GoreTex
4th Jul 2012, 15:31
380 is going to Moscow 1st December, didn't somebody say the 380 is bad but even worse in ice?

west atc
4th Jul 2012, 16:19
Any chance of Emirates adding Mexico City? There has to be some market in a city of nearly 9 million.

Rich8a10
4th Jul 2012, 17:18
West atc

I really hope we do, but so far there is no way of doing that as a Direct flight, it has to be done with a stop on Europe or USA.
We have more than 20million people in Mexico City, i am sure it would be a good market.

Take care

donpizmeov
4th Jul 2012, 17:21
Careful 380, your wife might read this.

The Don

fringhtok
4th Jul 2012, 17:33
The 200LR could do MEX direct. I think it's about 7800nm? Around 500nm more than LAX but probably with a bit more wind due to the direct route being more southerly. Still, well within range. Maybe the problem is just that there are only 10 A/C? I expect to see it added to the network sooner rather than later.

GoreTex
4th Jul 2012, 17:41
could the 200 make it back to DXB from such a hot and high airport as Mexico City?

fringhtok
4th Jul 2012, 17:51
Good point. Forgot about the elevation. Don't know.

falconeasydriver
4th Jul 2012, 18:21
380 is going to Moscow 1st December, didn't somebody say the 380 is bad but even worse in ice?

Oh what a joy its gonna be for you "super" drivers to experience UUDD with its wonderful infrastructure, I can't wait to read the ASR's

Trust me, i'm an engineer ! - YouTube

givemewings
4th Jul 2012, 19:29
Lol if we thought the bar was chock a block busy on MAN/LHR, DME will be something of a spectacle I am sure... :E

Rich8a10
5th Jul 2012, 04:42
Fringhtok

I think that is the big problem, taking off from Mexico city at 7300ft with 25-30oC on a Difect flight to Dubai, I dont think so, but I have heard some rumors about the possibility of a stop on Spain. That would be great.

HamFan
5th Jul 2012, 14:55
Two day layovers in Adelaide???

You were all thinking it:

Why do the long layovers always turn up in the sh!tholes??

givemewings
5th Jul 2012, 16:52
Hmmm, drive up into the hills, some nice restaurants, do a Barossa Valley tour, day trip to Hahndorf, boating/fishing in Glenelg... I can think of worse places to be!!! Some people just have no imagination, sometimes you got to find the fun, it doesn't come to you...

White Knight
5th Jul 2012, 17:11
Oh what a joy its gonna be for you "super" drivers to experience UUDD with its wonderful infrastructure, I can't wait to read the ASR's

I think, FED, that all of the 'super' pilots have experienced UUDD already on 330/340:D. After all, the classic Bus flew there for a very long time before the 777 ventured that way (at least the EK ones anyway). It's really no big-deal. The de/anti-icing is as reliable as you'll get anywhere and there are fleets of snow-ploughs when needed:ok:

Blue side up amigo:cool:

donpizmeov
5th Jul 2012, 18:27
What Emirates is up to is really serious for Qantas. Emirates is aviation’s largest food chain in operation. It has the world’s largest fleets of A380s and 777s, both in service and on order, and the world’s second largest order for A350s.
The A380s are now swallowing the 777s to cope with its growth on the busiest routes, with the big Airbus replacing the not exactly small 777s on services to Paris, which is going daily double with A380s, as it is reported will New York City, with the biggest airliner in service also replacing a 777 frequency from Dubai to Moscow and apparently to be announced as replacing the Boeing on flights to San Francisco as a result of evolving range and payload improvements.
There will be Emirates A380s daily through Melbourne by the end of year, fulfilling another part of its long standing promise to cater for Australian growth with A380s on just about every route or existing frequency by the end of the decade, although it also has the hots for a new larger version of the 777, the –X, which has been a Boeing teaser act for the last year, and which might be given additional substance at next week’s Farnborough Air Show.
And those 777s swallowed up by the A380s are being… redeployed, to open flights to Lyon, Emirates third port on France, it is launching Warsaw with museum fleet A330s awaiting A350 replacement, it has just launched Barcelona in addition to Madrid, and other 777s will find a new life opening the Adelaide market and dominating the resource capital Perth’s international flights, where Qantas can’t even manage non-stop flights to China never mind the Middle East.

scandistralian
6th Jul 2012, 04:41
@Hamfan your out to lunch buddy, feel free to pass on the 48hr ADL, it's an awesome city with heaps to see and do.

Pity we aren't allowed to bring golf clubs with us... :ugh:

GMC1500
6th Jul 2012, 06:46
Talk to EPC, they can get us some clubs.

perkin1
6th Jul 2012, 12:21
Once Adelaide goes daily will it remain a 2 day layover??
based on the schedule the layover time would be something like 24hrs and 30 mins... hardly enough to operate a 13hr night flight back to dxb.
It would be a shorter layover than even JFK which is already criminal...

Getzo
6th Jul 2012, 13:38
777 is welcome to Adelaide, direct Brisbane is upgrading to the flagship A380 in the near future. The extra seats will be welcome to all those staff who struggle with seat availability on this busy route.

G :ok:

givemewings
6th Jul 2012, 16:09
Source?

Other than the Townsville refueller...?

Announcement of Melbourne and start of route is something like one year lead time, so I wouldn't get too excited until they give a date... would be nice though, I quite like BNE

Temujin
6th Jul 2012, 16:23
Can't wait for the superior comfort of the 380 to Brisbane, about time!!!

The Turtle
6th Jul 2012, 16:37
LR3 very well said

+1

nelbhoy
7th Jul 2012, 19:09
Anybody any idea who will be picking up the maintenance in ADL & PER?

GoreTex
7th Jul 2012, 20:06
falcon

"Oh what a joy its gonna be for you "super" drivers to experience UUDD with its wonderful infrastructure, I can't wait to read the ASR's"

we super Pilots flew there already 10 years ago, where were you 10 years ago?

TheyCallMeTrinity
8th Jul 2012, 01:31
EK can't fly to Mexico City it requires skill, dexterity and inevitably one must disconnect the autopilot due to frequent ATC changes. If you've ever seen what a typing pool looks like in the mid 70s this would be similar to the average EK pilot attempting to "fly" into MEX.

HamFan
8th Jul 2012, 03:16
TCMT, if you need to disconnect the autopilot to deal with ATC instructions, you are probably not working with a high enough skill level. You need to get ahead of the aircraft, not behind it.

Some people disconnect the autopilot just to land manually, not to get themselves out of a self-imposed tight corner.

falconeasydriver
8th Jul 2012, 08:20
we super Pilots flew there already 10 years ago, where were you 10 years ago?

If I remember correctly, I was introducing my new bride to the delights of station life in my new married quarters.
I can confidently predict however Goretex that after spending 4 years shuttling various Moscowvites between Vunukovo, Sheremetevo, UUDD and all points on the compass, 3-4 times a week in our wonderful Falcon, I have a fairly good idea of how Moscow and Russia works.
Sure you guys have been going there in the 4 holer bus, but like I say, I can't wait to read the ASR's :}

GoreTex
8th Jul 2012, 08:53
also in the 2 holer bus and a 2 holer boeing

Temujin
8th Jul 2012, 10:05
Anyone know when the 380 taking over Brisbane direct, lots of talk about it at the moment. Must be an announcement imminent, be great to have the more seats and comfort from the big bus.

falconeasydriver
8th Jul 2012, 10:29
Fair enough Goretex, you must be a good sort if you have Boeing time:ok:

Here are the real enemy!!!! (http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew/489995-reporting-culture-emirates.html#post7284160)

Feel free to discuss

falconeasydriver
8th Jul 2012, 11:03
Pretty sad on your behalf if you are keen for incidents to occur.

Yep it would be wouldn't it, which is why I said ASR's rather than MOR's or accident reports.
And FWIW, I'm not in the least bit concerned about our guys/girls, its ATC and the other operators that will cause the issues.

fliion
8th Jul 2012, 11:15
TCMT

Rubbish, been to Mex many times, never an issue.

f.

GoreTex
8th Jul 2012, 14:13
falcon
was left seat 777 and joined EK right seat 330 last century, flew all the widebody boeings and buses but dont miss the boeing.

if you want to read ASR's read the ones when the boeing took over ADD from the bus, we are still laughing :p

MulletHead
29th Jul 2012, 09:26
Please put the 380 on the Brisbane sector, impossible to get seats on the payload restricted crippler and today departed with 22 spare seats!!! :D
Make over a million more revenue, carry 150 more pax in greater comfort and keep everyone happy.:ok:

MH:rolleyes:

incoming:ugh

scandistralian
29th Jul 2012, 16:30
They need more seats on the late night India flights first shaggs... Heard the authorities won't let the dugong fly there yet because they are worried about the wings falling off... :}