PDA

View Full Version : Malev

Akrotiri bad boy
4th Jul 2012, 11:21
I was just starting to put together a trip to Budapest and thought "what about Malev prices?" A quick search revealed the airline to have been "liquidated" as of 29 June.

I had no idea the airline was in such a precarious position, has anyone got any info on how Malev got into this fix?

davidjohnson6
4th Jul 2012, 11:48
Have you tried looking at Google on this ?

ericlday
4th Jul 2012, 12:07
David that's far too simple and easy. Lets start a new thread so there is more for people to read !!!!! I am with you all the way.

Groundloop
4th Jul 2012, 13:01
How about just looking at the old one:-

http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/475783-malev-financial-trouble.html

ericlday
4th Jul 2012, 13:07
That's why Akrotiri is a bad boy cos he didn't look !

Akrotiri bad boy
5th Jul 2012, 09:14
Thank's for the PM BUDDY; there's some really interesting, and up to date info there. It must have been quite a sight seeing the entire fleet lined up.

I find it difficult to understand why some folk will go to great lengths to save a commercially failing football club whilst the complete demise of a national flag carrier is just swept under the carpet.
Oh sure, I know the writing was on the wall but the plug was pulled overnight. No attempt at entering Chapter 11, administration, or morphing into Hungarian International Airlines; just liquidation overnight.

Maybe there's more to this :hmm:

No RYR for me
5th Jul 2012, 10:38
some folk will go to great lengths to save a commercially failing football club whilst the complete demise of a national flag carrier is just swept under the carpet. Well they were loosing as much money per week what the average football club looses in a year but apart from that you are 100% right.

No attempt at entering Chapter 11, administration, or morphing into Hungarian International Airlines; just liquidation overnight. Like privatising it in 2007 and several private owners and state capital injections? What stone have you been under? Or like Johnson said: use google! :ugh:

Maybe there's more to this Yeah like you smoking something.... :rolleyes: