PDA

View Full Version : BGS April MOD 2 & Staying @ Mary's

DiverDriver
2nd Apr 2002, 17:16
Anyone doing Bristol Ground School at the end of this month?
If so I'm doing Module 2 this time and staying at Mary's again (fantastic food). Anyone else staying at the same place?

Joaquín
2nd Apr 2002, 18:30
I stayed there too last year. Please give her my regards (I'm the Spanish guy). Say hello also to Alex, Dick, Buzz and Noush.

Good luck

George T
2nd Apr 2002, 19:34
I'm doing Module 1.

What’s the format when we get there and on the night?

Delta Wun-Wun
2nd Apr 2002, 21:45
During the day Alex and the team will go through the entire syllabus.They move at a fair pace as there is a lot to get through.The evenings are usually spent going through practice exams......Oh and when I got stuck (which was quite often)..I`d ask Diver Driver who from behind a mountain of Beer cans and through the haze of smoke usually had the right answer.:D

GonvilleBromhead
3rd Apr 2002, 06:12
Did Charlie persuade any of you to try the local scrumpy ?
I took the sensible option and stuck to lightweight Stella instead !;)

Edit: Diver just out of curiosity, how long has it taken you for module 2 ? Did you find the subject matter a bit more "straightforward" than mod 1 ? That is how I view it in the early stages of mod 2, just interested on other BGS students opinions.

cheers. :)

DiverDriver
3rd Apr 2002, 07:58
Thanks to Delta for once again casting aspersions on my character “you need me”– as I said some time ago alcohol and nicotine should be provided free to all in the exam room.

GT Delta has covered the course. If you arrive at Mary’s around 6:30 on Sunday that will give you time to settle in and then have an evening meal around 8. If your up for car sharing we set of for BGS around 7:45 to leave enough time for a coffee and ciggi before the class starts. Look forward to meeting you and if I can help on Mod 1 subjects I will be happy to do so (If I can remember any of it that is).

Gonville – started Mod 2 after Christmas and finished the notes and progress tests Mid March as I wanted to leave myself 6 weeks for revision before BGS. In short I would equate Mod 2 to walking through treacle or eating saw dust and not half as enjoyable as Mod1 which, when I come to think about it, wasn’t enjoyable either. I’ve applied my self the same way I did with Mod1 and would hope that after BGS will be ready for the exams.

Is there anyone else at Mary’s at the end of April besides me and GT??????

GonvilleBromhead
3rd Apr 2002, 08:28
Hmmm, bug9er !

And here's me thinking the worst is over.
Mind you, at least we haven't got Instruments, one small blessing I guess...;)

Was that by just studying at night and weekends Diver ? If so, pretty good going, that.

George T
3rd Apr 2002, 09:34
Sorry you misunderstand

I’m not staying at Mary’s. I’m staying at Hill Farm…… I think.

I haven’t got the booking with me but it’s in some village somewhere. I’ll let you know.

Thanks for the offer for help. I’ll take it now please.

DiverDriver
3rd Apr 2002, 09:54
Yup Evenings and weekends Gonville - however whilst I might have got through the notes pretty quick for a part-timer my revision is showing me that there is much that I might have read but did't take in at the time. Good luck with your studies everyone I have spoken to seems to think that these are the easier subjects - :rolleyes:

GT you don't know what you are missing ;)

GonvilleBromhead
3rd Apr 2002, 10:12
And all the best to you Diver. Hopefully I'll be back at Mary's in about 3-4 months, think I might start my diet now in anticipation !!

cheers.

ps. George bit of a tip, if there's an area you want to concentrate on in your own time try to do it before BGS because it will be a busy time for you. Good luck to you too.

:)

George T
3rd Apr 2002, 10:19
Thanks.

I'm looking at INS and some of the met stuff.

Oh yes and everything else as well

DiverDriver
3rd Apr 2002, 10:19
And don't bother going home at the weekend as you will need all of Sat & Sun just to catch up before you start the second week.

Rote 8
3rd Apr 2002, 14:11
I will be there at the end of this month for module 1. Not staying at Mary's as she was full up. Very popular I gather. I am booked into Churchill Court. Anyone else staying with them? - I gather they only have two rooms available so I am not expecting a flood of responses. I am interested in peoples opinions of which of the 2 modules is more difficult. I have been kidding myself that mod 2 is the easier (with no knowledge from which to base a judgement).

For those old hands I am planning to travel down to Bristol on the Monday morning rather than the Sunday night from Shropshire (prior commitment on the Sunday). Is this likely to be a problem?

Look forward to seeing all of you there.

DiverDriver
3rd Apr 2002, 17:33
Rote 8 I would only advise that you don't want to be late as they start as they mean to go on.
With regards to which is easier that depends how I fair come the exams in May. At the moment I would say Mod 2 is easier in so far as you read you learn you regurgitate, however I have found some subjects (Law & Ops) very very boring and this has not helped when it came to the studying. Mod1 subjects at least offered a challenge (calculations)as with Nav, Flight Planning, and to some extent instruments. At least with these when you finally start to get the answers right you get a buzz.

Joaqu'n - will give regards to Mary and Charlie for you. By the way your not the guy who gets involved with water bombing by any chance are you :) If so would like to speak with you some time.