PDA

View Full Version : CAE ryanair how long to hear something back

adamnewby
3rd Jul 2012, 12:27
I did all my training as a modular student through OAA,

I submitted my application for ryanair the day after I finished MCC/JOC 2months ago

I was wondering if any others Have applied for ryanair via CAE recently and how long it took to hear something back, Im aware some never hear back but with no offence to any one; did not think this be fact with me as Im 25 and did all my training with OAA

Would thought it be bit quicker than this down to fact I did my training at OAA and CAE have just bought OAA
on top of this fact OAA careers centre are getting integrated students interviews with ryanair in a matter of weeks after they have finished all there training,

little frustrating as there seems to be no else rally hiring, sent cv after cv out !

truckflyer
3rd Jul 2012, 21:11
You should have done modular at Stapleford, saved a ton, and all of them get called in within weeks after they apply, as long as they are under 30!

PIOSEE
4th Jul 2012, 14:44
Waiting 11 months.... :uhoh:

adamnewby
4th Jul 2012, 14:57
truckflyer - dont think thats really fair comment, how long ago was that, my friend did modular at OAA 18months back at heard back of CAE within couple weeks. like I said the fact CAE now own OAA would though that be a real plus in hearing back bit quicker

PIOSEE - where did you do your training have you tried to contact CAE as to why you been waiting for so long

donogca
4th Jul 2012, 15:13
Like PIOSEE, I am waiting 11 months! I went modular, passed everything first time and under 30. But, unfortunately an Irish airline is not recruiting its natives. Please don't say otherwise because I and many others know that this is completely true!
You are only waiting two months, have patience! Believe me, you need a lot of patience in this industry..

City or Jet
4th Jul 2012, 15:14
Submitted profile on CAE's website November 2011, received an email 5 weeks ago asking for CV then once again all has gone quiet. Good luck to everyone that is playing the lottery that is ryanair selection!

adamnewby
4th Jul 2012, 17:44
not good to hear, as many Im dying out for flying job,
Can not believe im saying this but starting to wish Id gone intergrated at OAA as got friends that finished after me all ready on type ratting with ryanair.

has anyone in past tried email CAE and asking about the delay ect

Dingowave
4th Jul 2012, 18:01
I waited a year and a half to hear back from CAE. Integrated course, first time passes, 98% theory average blah blah blah...

It does seem a lot of people are expectant they will get an interview with FR straight out of training then get a bit of a wake up call when they haven't heard anything six months on.

adamnewby
4th Jul 2012, 18:16
my thinking was they would want to get you as early as possible so you are current

Anunaki
4th Jul 2012, 18:37
Let's not forget that Ryanair owes the flight training Organisations and its cadets nothing.Being a OAA student doesn't give you any special treatment..(not a personal attack,but it is what it is..).There are plenty of CTC guys and FTE altogether with OAA integrated guys waiting,I heard a number nearing 6000 applications from all over Europe since january.If there was some sort of advantage,they would give some preference to the CAE academy graduates in Amsterdam,Portugal(Beja) and Belgium.
Now Imagine how many guys/girls are waiting with the same qualifications you have,that used the OAA CV template too,young sparkly eyed wannabe's looking at their ratings expire on the shinny blue book?!
My point is that me too,got to the conclusion that this is a cruel,unfair industry and like many things in life,who bites the hardest gets it.The OAA/CAE issue is irrelevant,all you have to do is write a dam good application and CV,make it appealing to them and wait for a chance,if it show's up,make contingency to that too.Today I have sent the CV number 200,running out of places I can send it to :sad: Luckily I speak a few languages which expands my horizon but even that...:hmm: should have listened to my mother and become a DR. Good luck boys/girls

whistling turtle
4th Jul 2012, 18:45
adamnewby,

Look pal at the risk of sounding like a complete **** you have to get real. The harsh reality is that no one cares that you went to oxford, there are literaly thousands of unemployed pilots out there be they oxford trained or not. No one owes you a job. Some peoples number comes up in the Ryanair lottery within days, others months, others years and others never. That's the way it is.

You will just have to either wait it out however long that takes or get proactive and think outside the box with getting onto that first step of the ladder. You're not the first person and you won't be the last to go to Oxford, apply for Ryanair, send out C.V.s. and not hear anything back I'm afraid.

Mr 737
4th Jul 2012, 21:39
Sent off app couple of weeks after completing MCC. Heard back within a couple of weeks asking for CV, then had other emails every week or two leading to assessment and eventual offer. So it does happen, you just have no idea why they chose you and others have been ignored...strange process

Background - 30yo, UK national, Modular (not OAA), first time passes

truckflyer
5th Jul 2012, 00:54
adamnewby -

I know of loads of guys, and not long time ago. Even myself I got one, when I "accidentally" did a typo on my age in application, within 5 days I got a request!

You don't need to believe it, loads of guys from there got interview fairly fast, within 1 - 2 weeks of their application, not all of them passed, but that is their own fault!

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail!

Other "unconfirmed rumours", was that they constantly failed to give pilots from certain flight schools example in in Holland, an interview, how valid this was I am not able to verify, just rumours from former students from these flight schools.

I do hope that in the future, that CAE will not go on to the integrated route priority, like CTC have done.

All of these companies, are trying to monopolize the market/recruitment, so they have TOTAL control. And unless the various flight schools around the land "oils" their machinery, they will have decide who will get the majority of chances. It's how the world works, money makes the world go around, aviation is no different from other business!

SVoa
5th Jul 2012, 14:54
I really do not think FR have a standard way of selecting the applications they apply to. I got a call about two weeks after I sent my application. I am modular, half my training was done in Greece, and I am Greek. And the funny thing is I got a call both from CAE and OAA. I really think its random selection.

Anunaki
5th Jul 2012, 16:09
Agree,random! and regarding the detail Truckflyer brought up, not getting a call because you've been discriminated based on your age,or nationality(Irish)..I understand the frustration, now because you feel it is a "right" based on the fact you went to the Elite school,oh well.....don't expect any sympathy my friend.
My mate had a interview today,and we both have the same qualifications,hours,both first time passes in theory and skill tests,started together,finished together,applied 2 days earlier,he got the call two weeks after,I've been waiting 3 months.I'm just 4 years older...go figure!

truckflyer
5th Jul 2012, 17:06
My post, this post, has nothing to do with the age thing and RYR, so "Anunaki" - lay of that! Do not know way anybody want's to defend RYR on these issues, it is what it is! And we just accept it as it is! You are WRONG on the age thing, I tested and proved it, and that is enough for me to know it is correct! Regardless, no use to change direction of the thread!

Also "feel it is a "right" based on the fact you went to the Elite school,oh well.....don't expect any sympathy my friend."

What an arrogant attitude, that was not the reason for the OP's mention of this! Seems some people with envy in their blood, sounds like a delight to sit next to in the Ckpt!

One of the reasons, and take this as advice, PPRUNE, is a pretty depressing place to visit, as specially in these newbie sections, it is mostly filled with negative attitudes, and sad people, frustrated with the lack of their own progress in life! The only way they can compensate for this sad life, is constantly showing attitude and negativity towards everybody/anybody that makes a post on these forums!

I used to spend much time on these forums, than I discovered, the forums are good, to get the basic information you need, than disregard about 90% of the posters, who have gone into aviation with blind eyes, and did not have a clue of what to expect, before it was already to late, and £60.000 or more in debt!
:ugh:

Anunaki
5th Jul 2012, 17:19
Truckflyer,perhaps you misunderstood my tone,but I don't apologise for that!So,you "accidentally" did a typo on your age..I assume it wasn't to increase your age was it? there are issues with Ryan and age but that's another topic,one which I assumed you mentioned in your quote.
Arrogant is to believe Ryanair and CAE owes you an interview just because you went to Oxford...and not,I do not envy you nor anybody over here,I don't even know you,all I know is that we cannot expect you to understand!wake up and smell the coffee:ugh:

truckflyer
5th Jul 2012, 18:17
As I said earlier, many very very sad people here! So many cliche quotes! (Wake up and smell the coffee!!!!) :ugh:

By the way, I do not go to Oxford! However the general attitude says enough for me!

With regards to excluding students from certain schools, is like the age thing, based on experience! (not by me)

The age thing was clear, 2 same applications, with 3 months difference, first one all genuine - NO REPLY.

Second one, DECREASE (what a surprise!!!), and reply after 5 days!!!!
Was it accidentally? Be smart, draw your own conclusions! As I said PPRUNE is a place to go to get depressed, if you are a newbie without a job!

Same as ALL the guys from my flight school had around that time and after! (and it was not Oxford)

Being my age, does not help, however that did NOT come as a surprise for me!!!

By the way, I know of loads of guys who did gets jobs since I finished training around 1.5 year ago! So there are jobs out there, somewhere! But you will not find them advertised on PPRUNE!

(Don't get me wrong, there are some really good guys I met on PPRUNE, but they got the RIGHT attitude! So I would use it very selective, as it always ends up with this mud slinging! )

Anunaki
5th Jul 2012, 18:54
Seriously mate,did you even read what I wrote??Initially not aimed at you but at Adamnewby,get over yourself,nor I insinuated you went to Oxford,It was a general outlook at the Feeling you get with some cadets from that school,I didn't deny the fact that Ryanair must have some sort of discriminative process agains't over 30's,read first.Seems you struggle with Sarcasm too so I'll keep it simple.

I actually support that view,go back a few posts and try to understand what people are discussing before typing. All what I was pointing was that there are a lot of good guys out there, from other schools NOT ONLY OAA, that did an excellent job obtaining their licences and ratings,have an outstanding attitude towards the whole job seeking process and someone,on this case the gentleman who started the thread,implies that he/she should,by some sort of God given right,be called for an assessment as soon as he/she stepped out of the OAA building,I call that arrogance and that person is deluded,period.

I know about your little experiment as you have already told us in another thread,which I have also contributed.You also said many of your classmates are flying now for Ryanair,good on them,why not you since you're "THE" one with the Right attitude?I've got over the fact that Ryan works this way,its sad but like you say,it is the way it is.Fact is,you might be in the same position as many of us so you have no higher moral ground to judge or patronise anyone...on that note,neither do I..so 'Mr.experienced with right attitude',the mud slinging from this side ends here as I have little patience,so back to topic.

And now,Ryanair:its been discussed several times what might be the criteria they use but I think it must be based on a age profile to meet government & EU quotas(xx amount of ethic minorities,xx number of females,xx amount of over 30's etc) and then first come,first served for the first email requesting CV's,then whoever did a better job at them once they get called...I don't know,that's me speculating!!any views?

truckflyer
5th Jul 2012, 20:14
With Ref to B, I know of an instructor, + 2000 hours, who got a job, he was around 23 - 24!

Age kicks in probably around 33 - 36, a bit unclear, it is just the way it is!

Mr Boombastick
6th Jul 2012, 20:32
I'd be very interested to know how many who do the mcc with cae get a call for assessment within a reasonable amount of time....

plikee
6th Jul 2012, 20:38
I'd be very interested to know how many who do the mcc with cae get a call for assessment within a reasonable amount of time....

From other threads, and what i read, not many got a call

adamnewby
11th Jul 2012, 09:18
thanks to every ones replies on this.

just to clear things up I wasn't saying I was "expecting" special treatment because I went to oxford just that it was bit annoying every person on the intergrated courses than ran around same time as my own got a interview within 2 weeks of finishing and that I thought CAE "may" want to push through OAA guys as it is now there school.

good news is 1 person of the modular course behind me and 1 of my own have heard of CAE so Im staying positive !

I will be doing everything and anything I can to get a job ( not just chatting on forums about how rubbish it is out there)