PDA

View Full Version : That EK Uniform

BLOGGSON
3rd Jul 2012, 10:10
OK, I can't do it much longer. I am fed up looking like a bag of crap in that awful EK uniform. Does anyone out there know where I might be able to get one made in the same colour but much better material, you know stuff that doesn't hang on me like it was fitted for an orang-utan and makes me sweat like a pedo in a bouncy castle?

Who the hell wears pleated trousers these days anyway? And as for that skanky cheap lining that goes down to the knee!

If anyone has info about a reliable tailor, in Dubai or maybe BKK, I'd be grateful for some help. Oh, yes, the hat! Please help me to get a better hat!!!

Bloggson

TooLow
3rd Jul 2012, 16:56
I heard the tailor downstairs in the Radisson (Beijing) can make a decent uniform (jacket & trousers) in about 12hrs.

I'm going to order one myself next time I'm there - the quality of our uniform is just dire. What's with that half-arsed lining that sticks to your thighs and then hooks on your foot when you're trying to get them off?? I'm talking about the trousers of course. I fink someone's 'aving a larf....

The Darkness
3rd Jul 2012, 17:30
"sweat like a pedo in a bouncy castle". Classic! Thanks for the laugh. Sorry to hear about your uniforms.

Panther 88
3rd Jul 2012, 19:48
Blogging,
Honestly, why waste the time and money? If they truly cared about the pilot image, something would be done about the quality and looks. But obviously "they" don't. Spend 100 quid on something more enjoyable, like a decent pair of shoes, or a nice night on the town with the mrs or whomever. But to waste a dirham on uniform parts? Just MHO.

vinayak
3rd Jul 2012, 21:18
Panther 88,

It might come as a shock to you but some of us take pride in our uniform. Respect our uniform. Make sure it's in proper condition because we are proud to be wearing the uniform and thank god openly or secretly that we are blessed to be wearing the uniform.

Shocking... But I'm sure stranger things happen...

Sygyzy
3rd Jul 2012, 22:01
Guys, Guys, the clue is in the title.

The company know all about the uniform-you're supposed to look uniform...all the same...when wearing it.

If they wanted you to wear a green hat, red jacket and beige trousers...if it's issued and free and you can get the belt around your middle why should you complain.

That's the way the management want you to look. They paint the aircraft in nice shiny colours 'cos that's the image they want to portray. You too, in the grand scheme of things.

Spend your hard earned wonga on something more appropriate.

S

vinayak
3rd Jul 2012, 22:23
:ugh:

(this is just random text for lengthening this post)

vfenext
4th Jul 2012, 01:39
Random text and random post about your uniform, too much time on your hands mate. Get a hobby of a girlfriend!

Airmann
4th Jul 2012, 02:42
Get a hobby of a girlfriend

So having a girlfriend is just a hobby for you is it? Insensitive bugger you.....breaking hearts left right and centre......

VijayMallya
4th Jul 2012, 02:48
Vfenext just read this somewhere and desperately wanted to sound "cool"

Good going buddy. You do sound extremely cool... :D

So I assume your "hobby" has made the world alright... Geez... I wonder why didn't anyone ever think of that!!

odericko2000
4th Jul 2012, 08:03
lucky you only wear pleated trousers, some of us are wearing pleated trousers and double breasted jackets, every time i dress up for work i shed a tear!:{

Wiley
4th Jul 2012, 09:56
Take a moment to thank the Amighty you don't have to wear the old EK 'Confederate Grey' with the unspeakable red tie...

That red tie made it look like your tongue was hanging out. Cheap 'n nasty as it may be, the Yankee Blue is streets - whole city blocks... no, make that suburbs! - ahead of the old grey.

Terry McCassey
5th Jul 2012, 06:45
Ah, the red tie and white shirt, as worn by the check out staff at the Safestway Supermarket at the Defence Roundabout.

Kennytheking
5th Jul 2012, 09:09
I'll add my voice here....

Whilst I wouldn't go as far as Blogs and have my own uniform made, I feel that the uniforms at EK are a disgrace.

Nevertheless, it does highlight the true colors of EK in that it says "The cheaper, the better"

HamFan
5th Jul 2012, 14:49
Made from the best polyester available in Satwa.

They do not care a jot what the drivers look like because they do not want you ever to be seen or even heard of. If they did, you'd be up on the 200ft high advertisement on the HQ carpark instead of or even just alongside the 20yo GR2 who joined last week. Seems there are no pilots on an EK jet.

Speaking of uniform, what is it with all these Nigelistic tossers turning up with long sleeves these days??? Strangely, they mostly seem to originate from the land of the Big Airways......!!

trimotor
10th Jul 2012, 06:11
Agreed, the uniform is crap. Fortunately missed out on the axi-driver grey with red tie, but my first EK issue uniform was not that bad...it's got cheaper and nastier ever since though...

Have noticed the increase in 'Nigel Long Sleeves' incidence too. Not sure what point is attempting to be proven. they always seem to be the same ones who want to touch the screens too!

TM

Rim-job
10th Jul 2012, 08:24
Does anyone know where I can purchase the old "Churchill" brand shirts we use to use? I think they stopped handing them out about 2 years ago and moved to some other cheap brand. I've tried to find these "Churchill" shirts on the internet but have been unsuccessful.

The ones EK give out now are pathetic at best and complete crap. What a waste of money. :ugh:

Can anyone help me out in tracking down these shirts?

DuneMentat
10th Jul 2012, 13:09
I just got 5 Churchill shirts from the uniform store the other week so they are still around

Mach_Krit
10th Jul 2012, 15:42
the worst bit is that hat! all in all you look like gadaffi in one of his fantasy-uniforms! my wife laughs when I wear it!:{:ooh:

777boyo
11th Jul 2012, 14:00
Gentlemen,

Don't spend your money - rumours of a new uniform by end of year, reputable manufacturer.

As for those dreadful "Saleem Jacobsen" shirts that uniform stores are currently issuing (and yes, I've got handkerchiefs made from better fabric), take them to your nearest dhobi or hotel laundry and get them to wash them on a really high temperature with lots and lots of starch - improves them no end! Cheaper than buying your own for the sake of a few more months.......:ok:

7B

Capt Groper
11th Jul 2012, 18:51
OK MK, didn't the first TC explain that you need to take out the metal band tucked inside then wrap an elastic band around it for a few weeks.

Yes the Churchill shirts were the best.

Pants, have the same problem with inside linings, have sent them back to Lobos many times to have fixed.

Who decides on the choice of cloth? Obviously not anybody that has to wear them in 45 deg heat..

Some french designer I was once told.

Craggenmore
11th Jul 2012, 19:36
Heard Dunhill will be doing the biz..........

Essential British Kit...........................................