PDA

View Full Version : KIT INSURANCE - RECOMMENDATIONS

Hueymeister
2nd Jul 2012, 22:29
Looking to skip away from my very expensive £46 PCM. Anyone got any suggestions for some good value general kit insurance?

Marly Lite
2nd Jul 2012, 23:09
Huey, not the answer you were after but..

I quit mine years ago (NAAFI) due to size of policy excess and exclusion clauses regarding laptops and push bikes (ie the 2 things that tend to go walkabouts). I felt the policy was worthless. Unless you have suffered lately or expect to become a victim due to your circumstances, I'd put your £46 in the bank every month (that's £552 a year!!) and take measures to look after your kit.

helen-damnation
3rd Jul 2012, 18:35
Try "paxinsurance". I'm not in anymore so not sure how competitive they are. I use them for travel insurance these days!

I'm Off!
3rd Jul 2012, 20:15
£46 pcm?! Had your pants pulled down there Huey!!

lynx-effect
3rd Jul 2012, 21:39
I agree, insurance people are the scumbags of the earth, followed by lawyers and then bankers. I quit having insurance after getting ripped off.

I now keep my money in my pocket and take the hit if anything bad happens (apart from the legal car insurance). Money for nothing = Insurance.

Hueymeister
3rd Jul 2012, 21:46
It was pretty comprehensive, but I've got most of it covered with other stuff I have, finally the light has blinked on with this!