PDA

View Full Version : Air Nostrum

BAlite
2nd Apr 2002, 10:32
Hello all, im looking for some info re: hiring, pay, rosters, lifestyle, bases......etc with air nostrum and be gratefull for anything you could provide me with. would further be grateful if you would kindly advise me as to the current hiring criteria and requirements of air nostrum in respect of EU citizens who are not resident in spain. many thanks in advance!

jean-Luc RICARD
2nd Apr 2002, 10:40
Air nostrum web page is www.airnostrum.es, not much info there though!!

Good luck!!

BAlite
5th Apr 2002, 07:27
cheers!

xabi200
5th Apr 2002, 08:33
hey balite,

I think that if you are not spanish your chances are next to nothing.
If you don't know anybody whom could help you out getting in the selection,then your chances are next to nothing.
Look for example in Iberia there isn't any non spanish pilot, beside 1 mexican and 1 peruvian or bolivian.

Have you heard that Air Nostrum will be hiring soon?

Cheers.

BAlite
8th Apr 2002, 09:47
yep, met one of their crj drivers in frankfurt the other day and he mentioned that they may be starting up again soon!

xabi200
9th Apr 2002, 10:51
BAlite,

I've heard the same thing, I called them up but they told me that they were not planning on hiring in the near future.

Same for Iberia, pilots work a lot, training pilots are saying that they'll be hiring soon as they think they need people but those are false rumor.

I think pilots have the impression that they are overworked.

By the way, Air Nostrum and Iberia have spanish cockpit, so you'll have to speak spanish.

cheers

BAlite
10th Apr 2002, 09:44
Xabi, i know of 2 ingleses and 4 canadians working there, and spanish is not a problem. its simply who you know!

janrojo
14th Apr 2002, 22:52
Hello:

Only as information at least one of the crew members in an Air Nostrum Fokker50 is British. I´ve controlled him sometimes in Malaga APP.

cheers!

janrojo
LEMG APP/TWR

bernhard
9th May 2002, 09:56
Hello BAlite,

AirNostrum is a bit more complicated than it seems. The Dash fleet of Air Nostrum is flown by Denimair, a Dutch-based wet-lease company. Consequently, they have nearly no Spanish pilots, but lots of other nationalities, mainly Dutch, and some Canadians, Australians, and US Americans.

The Fokker and Canadair fleets are Spanish-registered and flown by Air Nostrum crews, mainly Spanish. I also know that they mentioned a probable start of hiring (by a Spanish captain on Fokker 50), but who knows....

Bernhard

BAlite
10th May 2002, 08:44
thanks for the info bern........