PDA

View Full Version : Polish R 22 Experimental

eddietodd
29th Jun 2012, 17:58
Does anyone know if I register my out of hours R22 in Poland where its classed as experimental, could I then bring it to the UK and fly her round as if I was in Poland or do I have to be Polish.

Twiddle
29th Jun 2012, 22:08
Caveat..... Pure guess, I have no idea....

Probably you can't bring a Polish experimental to the UK regardless of your nationality.

But you could grow a huge 'tache and go to Poland?

bvgs
29th Jun 2012, 23:02
I think NOT. There are alot of nice helicopters in the "experimental" category but none would be allowed to fly here thanks the the "Campaign". Not sure why you would want to fly it anyway if its out of hours, they're there for a reason:=

heli-cal
30th Jun 2012, 03:23
This should have been posted in Jet Blast... On April 1st!

Pilot DAR
30th Jun 2012, 04:28
Hahaha!

Not sure why you would want to fly it anyway if its out of hours, they're there for a reason

Perhaps that's the "experiment!" :ugh:

spencer17
30th Jun 2012, 05:18
Another one aplying for "Darwin Award".:ugh:
Let's hope he doesn't take anyone with him.

Aesir
30th Jun 2012, 09:50
Experimental have to have permission from the authority of every country they overfly or come to so my guess is that it would be difficult to use it in the UK. But a one time permission to come to an event like an airshow could be a chance.

Fixed wing aircraft are operated privately all the time beyond the TBO limits of the manufacturer and one hears about operators in certain southerly hemisphere continent who have operated the R-22 well beyond the TBO limits set by the manufacturer so if the aircraft has special maintenance and is taken extra good care of it should be able to be used further expecially if you are talking about the calendar time limits which are mostly there to make more business for the manufacturer.

Pilot DAR
30th Jun 2012, 14:46
operated privately all the time beyond the TBO limits of the manufacturer

Well, there's a difference...

the TBO "limits" to which you refer, are generally "recommended" in the maintenance manual. The overhaul time limits on dynamic helicopter components are the subject of an airworthiness limitation, and are not subject to negotiation or extension.

An operator or maintainer sometimes has the opportunity to maintain an aircraft under a system which differs from the manufacturer's recommended practices, and thus sidestep a recommended overhaul time, when an alternative "system" provides for an airworthy aircraft.

Airworthiness limitations are different. When you exceed the limit (hours in service) that aircraft is no longer airworthy.

It's all a matter of how a limit is expressed...