PDA

View Full Version : JeppView Update Issue

seconds
29th Jun 2012, 07:00
Anyone else having an issue when updating JeppView?

I am connected to the internet via an Optus Mobile Boradband Modem and every time I try to update it fails after connecting to the server when it is 'Logging In'.

Only occurs on my Windows based laptop. Works fine on my iPad.

Old Akro
29th Jun 2012, 11:33
Jepp support was pretty good when I had to contact them once. Try calling.

Queenslander
29th Jun 2012, 11:55
I'm running windows 7 on a laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad) with no problems.

Avturbound
30th Jun 2012, 01:39
seconds,

had the same problem when updating company EFB's two of them would be fine on the company server but another for some reason wouldn't update it would stop at the connection part as you described, I connected it to a different internet connection and it worked fine. If that is an option do that. :ok:

cheers,
AB

Howard Hughes
30th Jun 2012, 02:00
How long since you have updated?

quinnyfly
30th Jun 2012, 02:32
If you use Internet Explorer, it may be detecting a problem with the JeppView website or its certificate. This may disconnect the session with the website if IE beleives it has unsafe content. If this might be the case, try the follwoing:

Open IE, goto Tools <top right corner>
Click Internet Options
Click the Security Tab
Click Trusted Sites (Green tick)
Click the Sites button
Add the JeppView URL using the http:// prefix
Close and OK your way out
Reload IE and try again.

If this doe not work, try lowering the security level.

That would be my first go at it, I am an IT professional but I do not know much about your configuration to provide you with exact answers, PM me if this does not help and I'll see what I can do.

seconds
30th Jun 2012, 09:12
Have emailed Jepps as they are closed over the weekend. Have had good responses from them before.

Update was only a couple of weeks old. Now over a month. Thought it might have been not working for a couple of days but has dragged on too long now.

Unable to change internet connection so stuck with what I have unfortunately.

Still have access at work so not the end of the world, but would be nice if it worked.

Old Akro
30th Jun 2012, 23:14
As I recall, I rang an Australian support number (after hours in Australia) and was transferred to a tech guy in the US who was outstanding.