PDA

View Full Version : Low Level C-130J Over A142 Cambs (27 Jun 12)

kokpit
28th Jun 2012, 19:39
To the crew of the C-130J that crossed the A142 last night between Chatteris and Warboys, around 16:45, thanks!

You made an old Herc mate happy, proud and a little sorrowful, all at the same time.

Brought back many happy memories of my K & J years. Keep up the good work, fly safe, and come back this way soon! :D :D :D

Milo Minderbinder
28th Jun 2012, 20:08
test flight from Marshalls ?

TurbineTooHot
28th Jun 2012, 20:13
Dusted me off about 3 miles west of Woodhall Spa heading South. Grrrrreat sight. Jets look great at low level, but I'm always stunned by how cool Albert looks down in the weeds. Especially the last time I followed (at a sensible separation) one round the loop. :D

chopper2004
28th Jun 2012, 23:02
Nice enough anywhere around the Ely/Littleport way -and beyond, approach to EGUN. I saw an EP-3E on descend while driving through village of Wilburton, from Cottenham.

The J coulda (but doubt it) be out of Ram, on visit to EGUN.

14 years ago, while slaving away in the summer of 98,in the farmers fields by A14, opposite Bar Hill, had the delight of in day to see

1) MH53M Pave Low IV at low level across the field from where we were working, 50ft off the deck

2) A couple of Merlin HC.1 then later in the day also at barely treetop level

3) Far distance looking north, Huntingdon/Wyton area, a trio of stretched C-130 in formation again at low level

aligee
29th Jun 2012, 19:53
Had the good fortune to see a C130 beat up Bute airfield a couple of weeks ago.Had just landed and was walking to the local hotel when he came smoking in, in full landing configuration about 20 feet above the deck right up the runway before heading low level up the clyde.What a magnificent sight to see on a lovely flying evening. Made my night and reminded me to keep my eyes on the sky,not instruments on the flight home later.:cool::)

air pig
29th Jun 2012, 20:04
Chinook over Liverpool this morning felt long before I heard it, lovely, more please.

Regards

Air pig

Wokkafans
29th Jun 2012, 20:35
Two very low flying Tonka's directly over our house near Frensham Pond last Sat at 5-30pm. Totally fortuitous but fantastic timing as we were all in the paddock doing campfires for our oldests' birthday with all his friends. Couldn't have been better timed and greatly appreciated by all :ok:

(Made for a very nice change as low flying fixed wing are very rare in our part of the world though we are lucky to be graced by Chinooks on a daily/nightly basis :D)

More please!

WF