PDA

View Full Version : Post tranche 2 reactions...?

Biggus
28th Jun 2012, 17:51
Anyone have any comments they are willing to share on pprune about reactions post tranche 2?

Is the oft talked about spike of PVRs actually happening, or likely to happen? Or is it just a case of sighs of relief from those kept in, and carry on as before.

Green Flash
28th Jun 2012, 18:21
33 years working for the MOD, in and out of uniform, and it's P45 time for me. For all those similerly affected, it's the only story in town, believe me. I wish the 3 platoons of soldiers, sailors and airmen left the very best of luck. We'll just sit here in the grass by the side of the road and watch as you march off into the distance. In a little while we'll start to wonder what has happened .......

muttywhitedog
28th Jun 2012, 19:58
A former colleague of mine is a Career Manager for a trade that was involved in redundancies. He told me that it seems every time he logs onto JPA there is another ET request from someone who hadnt been selected for redundancy.

MFC_Fly
28th Jun 2012, 23:13
I was lucky and got what I wanted or I would have PVR'd.

A mate who wasn't as lucky was told he was not being made redundant, walked back into his office, logged on to JPA and 'click' - PVR submitted. He had applied for the big R and didn't get it, but the RAF lost him anyway, whereas others of the same trade/rank that had not applied were dumped on :ugh:

OldnDaft
30th Jun 2012, 12:39
There has been a surge in applications from some trades - TG17 FS is but one example. Lots of volunteers who were not accepted; no other organisation in the world would run a redundancy programme like this. The organisation would announce a redundancy programme, ask for volunteers and accept them. None of this stupidity where we do not let some people go and force others to leave. Madness I tell you, madness.