PDA

View Full Version : Flight Training Show - Heathrow

mutaf
2nd Apr 2002, 09:04
I've seen a Flight Training Show advertised which is being held in the Heathrow area on the 13th April. Has anyone been
to one of these shows before? is it worth going? TIA

Skyhopper

spitfire747
2nd Apr 2002, 09:53
If you are serious about going onto be a commercial pilot, then this is an excellent way for you to find out the information you need.
I am going and I think many people will agree they are well worth the day out.

purple haze
2nd Apr 2002, 20:04
can anyone post details of when, where and contact details and if you have to buy tickets.

cheers

twistedenginestarter
2nd Apr 2002, 20:32
I went some time ago. Go a bit early then you can just walk in before it opens. This allows you to do two things.

Numero uno is you save £7 quid or whatever - which is a lot of money just to allow people to try and sell to you.

Secondumundo you can get your name down for a session on the 737 simulator. Now this thing is not, lets say, 100% pukka. Indeed 10 mins or so with some coloured paper, scissors and a copy of MS Flight Simulator and you'd surpass what we are talking about here. However the best approach wins a go on the Concorde simulator. Yes you may have 30000 hrs but only the chosen few can ever sit with their baby's bottom smooth digits on the levers of 4 Olympuses.

Needless to say I hit the numbers approaching LHR only I was so low they were probably London City....:( :( :(