PDA

View Full Version : Arkaroola - Beautiful One Day Perfect The Next

Sunfish
27th Jun 2012, 09:04
Although I missed seeing it because I was relaxing and not at the strip, there were Nine aircraft on the Arkaroola parking area on Saturday that arrived after I did, including Mr. Smiths Cessna Caravan.

The place was full and the company and the weather were great. Just got back in Five hours (110 Cessna Knots) to YMMB via YMIA. Spent an hour in an R44 with Paul looking at the Mawson plateau. Professor Plimer and his colleagues teaching kids about science and geology assisted by Dick Smith. The Peach outback safari crew and many others.

Maybe there needs to be an Outback ramble every year or Two? Rawnsley Park? Arkaroola? Innamincka? Birdsville? White Cliffs? Broken Hill?

PLovett
27th Jun 2012, 09:15
Its a fantastic place, especially when Dougie gets going on the geology and history of the place. For those doing the "outback" its well worth a visit.

Jabawocky
27th Jun 2012, 10:51
And it is good to see school kids getting education from really smart guys like Plimer.

Enjoy your stay :ok:

Robbovic
27th Jun 2012, 11:14
Has Doug still got the Auster?
He used to fly it over to Leigh Creek when I was based there in the 80's

Sunfish
27th Jun 2012, 11:26
The Auster has survived the mouse plague with no damage.

It was Margs Fiftieth on Saturday night :)

The clean dry air was great for a partner getting over chemo. Much less spluttering and coughing. The pollution hanging over Melbourne this afternoon has to be seen to be believed.

Jack Ranga
27th Jun 2012, 12:24
Carbon tax will fix that :ok:

Jabawocky
27th Jun 2012, 12:39
HAHAHAHHA :D

LMAO Big time

If only I knew you were not one bit sarcastic :}:}:}:}

Sunnie,

Sad to hear about partner and chemo. As much as we bag each other up on here, that is not something anyone wishes upon others, and we all wish you & yours the best I am sure. :ok:

Jack Ranga
27th Jun 2012, 12:41
Sarcastic? Nup, have moved on to cynical :ok: