PDA

View Full Version : Dubai sky this morning

GE90-115B
27th Jun 2012, 02:11
Arriving into Dubai this morning I noticed some pretty high unconventional circular contrails over the city. Seems like somebody was practicing steep turns at a pretty high altitude:p. Any idea who it/they were ??

Wizofoz
27th Jun 2012, 03:12
Pretty, wasn't it?

It was just contrails from the arrivals into DXB. Aircraft from Bubin were being vectored abeam, then onto downwind, so there were lots if twists and turns.

GE90-115B
27th Jun 2012, 03:46
yeah. That was the first of its kind I ve seen in DXB. Adieus.

Guy D'ageradar
27th Jun 2012, 10:20
Also lots of secret squirrel stuff going on at the moment - maybe the transatlantic warmongers were at it again!

ironbutt57
27th Jun 2012, 10:50
Doubt the French need practice at that, they are the masters of the chandelle

ATCO1962
27th Jun 2012, 10:54
I love the smell of jet A1 in the morning around BUBIN.

There's going to be a whole lot more of that in the future if everyone gets their ordered planes. They may even want to position a KC10 or two in the hold every morning to give all the fuel that those aforementioned planes are going to want.

Take another look at slot times perhaps? :rolleyes:

Guy D'ageradar
27th Jun 2012, 11:15
Take another look at slot times perhaps?

Haven't seen any pigs flying yet! :}

Sciolistes
27th Jun 2012, 14:27
According to ATC, military exercises. Could see some fast mover doing orbits high up going to the airport and held very low back into DXB this morning.

max AB
27th Jun 2012, 15:41
Looked like a Tanker track and some customers...

donpizmeov
27th Jun 2012, 15:46
Must have been for those who took flight plan fuel Max.
It was all easy for you boom refuel types, but it takes a real man to spoke the basket prior to his mates plugging in.:ok:

Arrrgh them be the days.

The Don

PPRuNeUser0215
28th Jun 2012, 00:35
Nothing like a morning conspiracy theory.

But of course the notams mention unknown traffic here and there (UAVs, fighters, AWACS).... so that's super secret that in the area, lots of people are having a close eye on their neighbour. Pfffff. Guys, wake up, this the real world, this the middle east. Nothing more, nothing less. Just like black Dodges emptying an antonov on a particular field I was in not so long ago, in Iraq 5 times a week. Just open your or keep your eyes opened. It is happening.

Surprised ? At best some Bubin hold, at worst what is going on when we go to bed.

falconeasydriver
28th Jun 2012, 03:45
It was all easy for you boom refuel types, but it takes a real man to spoke the basket prior to his mates plugging in.

Arrrgh them be the days.

Surely not Don? it usually took a a bit of spinchter suxation for me to plug in as I was usually the last man in, after arriving first..but needing 10 goes at it :rolleyes: somethings never change really.

You see similar contrails over the UK, as covered..

here http://www.pprune.org/military-aircrew/479370-circles-sky.html

pilotday
28th Jun 2012, 05:59
forget about EK wanting us to load min fuel whilst committing to destination.

EK's next fuel policy, commit to the KC10! :ugh::ugh::ugh:

ruserious
28th Jun 2012, 11:26
EK's next fuel policy, commit to the KC10!

can you imagine the SOP for that :}

donpizmeov
28th Jun 2012, 18:49
You may be onto something. Chemtrails would explain the driving.

givemewings
28th Jun 2012, 19:09
would explain the driving.

Might explain some of the landings lately too :E

Think I need a chiro :\

HamFan
29th Jun 2012, 11:36
That's it, blame the pilots who keep you safe..... are you sure it's not "Shagger's Back"??? :p

Don, Falcon... interesting to hear about your exploits as younger men... :p.... it may interest you to learn that studies have been commenced into the viability of us mere airline pilots becoming tanker customers (http://30000feet.********.com/2005/07/mid-air-refueling-for-commercial.html).

It's still in the embryonic stages however maybe this system could help TCTC with his dream of A380 ships at sea and live-aboard crew, to save hotel costs. Remember that gem??!? He hasn't said anything about it for a while though...

Anyway, the Dugong is the perfect test platform for this air-refueling project... The thing could fly for 24hrs non-stop and with a reduced fuel load (thanks to in-flight top-up) it could actually lift a decent payload for a change.

Longer flights means less cycles with reduced number of return-to-stand and air-turnbacks.

Good thing Dugong pilots love their aeroplane so much - now they can spend even longer in them! :ok:

donpizmeov
29th Jun 2012, 12:19
Very good points Hamfan.

Could you just let us know on what sectors the Dugong does not lift a decent payload? Just ones where it can't lift the full 69 or 73t (as appropiate) would be good).

Thanks in advance etc etc

The don

max AB
29th Jun 2012, 17:53
Don when you poked the basket you always went last and had at least a half dozen guys in the same room watching.....

donpizmeov
29th Jun 2012, 18:29
Max,
I think you have me confused with Donjerkmeov. He was a collegeboy. :E

givemewings
29th Jun 2012, 22:24
Ham, I was blaming the chemtrails, not the pilots... :P

Didn't think you could get that affliction if you're the one on... never mind! :E