PDA

View Full Version : Multi hour building in US Q.

apyrdct
1st Apr 2002, 22:36
What can anyone tell me about this fiddle that goes on in the US of getting people to buy a block of flight time as one half of a pair - sharing the aircraft and splitting the flight time? Obviously this is a system designed for FAA pilots, who can exploit the FAA business of more than one person logging (but not being) PIC from the the same flight. One of them is the instructor and the other the sole manipulator of the controls etc. How many flight schools do this? Anyone have any experiences of them (good or bad) to share?! I've seen aribenaviator as a school that do this - anyone tell me anything about them?
Many thanks!!

englishal
2nd Apr 2002, 13:15
If the the pilot is under the hood getting simulated instrument time, the FAA system also allows the safety pilot to log PIC....This is the only way I know off, unless you're refering to a student (qualified on type and not holding a student permit) with an instructor in the other seat, then the 'student' can log PIC as well as the instructor, although he'll log it as 'As flight instructor'...

EA