PDA

View Full Version : how to trigger Go-around mode A320

rocpy
23rd Jun 2012, 06:45
it was on the sim last week. after taking off with one engine on fire, i maintained the runway heading with thrust at MCT detent. everything was ok since it was leveled off at 1500 AGL, then i tried to retract the flap, but the accelerating was slow. then i decided to forward the thrust to TOGA. Strange thing happaned , i triggered the GA mode. FMA displayed TOGA, SRS GA TACK.
Could anyone tell me, the reasons for this? i was on runway heading, it should not happen.

Xaxa
23rd Jun 2012, 07:02
DSC-22_30-80-40:

Setting at least one thrust lever to TOGA detent engages both SRS/NAV modes if:

The flaps lever is at least in position 1, and
The aircraft is in flight, or
The aircraft has been on ground for less than 30 s (AP disengages and can be re-engaged 5 s after lift-off).

Your flap lever was in position 1 (or more), so TOGA engaged GA mode.

Wizofoz
23rd Jun 2012, 08:07
Could anyone tell me, the reasons for this?

Well, hopefully, your Instructor?

DutchOne
23rd Jun 2012, 08:48
If you want to use TOGA, select it before ACC ALT. After ACC ALT you are out of "Take off mode" (FMGS). With the above mentioned requirements and selecting TOGA, the FMGS thinks you initiating a Go Around. So select TOGA before ACC ALT.

hetfield
23rd Jun 2012, 09:43
after taking off with one engine on fire, i maintained the runway heading with thrust at MCT detent. everything was ok since it was leveled off at 1500 AGL,

Thrust should have been on TOGA or FLEX until ACC ALT.

mcdhu
23rd Jun 2012, 11:39
....but it's not a problem if you do select TOGA during acceleration.

Read FMA (MAN TOGA/SRS/GA TRK). Think "is this what I want?"

MAN TOGA - Yes
SRS -. No, so 'Push to Level Off' (again) and check FMA reads 'VS 0'
GA TRK - No, so pull 'Hdg' and check FMA reads 'HDG'

Yellow Speed Trend Arrow now much longer!!

It's all in the FMA!

Cheers
mcdhu

rocpy
24th Jun 2012, 08:43
got it cheers

rocpy
24th Jun 2012, 08:45
actually i did what u said. what confused me is why the GA mode been triggered during take off.

hetfield
24th Jun 2012, 08:58
rocpy

I'm not sure on that, but MAYBE G/A was triggered because with MCT, A/THR was already out of the two possible T/O modes (TOGA&FLX)

Cheers

vinayak
25th Jun 2012, 05:28
Welcome to flying the airbus.....