PDA

View Full Version : SAR in North Sea

HeliboyDreamer
22nd Jun 2012, 17:08
I know that Bond is operating their SAR as Jigsaw and that CHC SAR is running out of Sumburgh. If I remember correctly Bristow lost a SAR contract to CHC, is Bristow still running some sort of search and rescue operation in the north sea?

Can anyone give me an actual picture of what companies (CHC , Bond & Bristow) are running SAR in the north Sea and where they operate from?

4thright
22nd Jun 2012, 17:35
So - out of interest - Why da ya wanna know?:hmm:
After a job? Or maybe writing something for someone about the on going SAR Competition?
Its not a secret anyway
CHC run all 4 MCA SAR bases at the mo as part of the MCA's Interim SAR Contract.
As of next year, 2013, Bristows take over the 2Northern Interim bases as part of the GAP SAR contract, with CHC retaining the Southern bases.
All will be taken over in 2017 by whoever wins the long term UK SAR contract being bid for at the moment and decided by next Spring.
Bond runs the Jigsaw SAR contract for BP out of Sumburgh and also from a Rig I think.
Thats all for them all in the UK - Can I have my cut now please!;)

HeliboyDreamer
22nd Jun 2012, 17:44
Just for general info.

Ok if I understand correctly only CHC and Bond are actually running SAR in NS at the moment, Bristow is to start sometime in 2013.

Thanks for the info

squib66
22nd Jun 2012, 19:43
Bristow are still doing North Sea SAR from Den Helder and up north at Hammerfest.

MarkH1
22nd Jun 2012, 21:11
As I understand, NHV is performing night SAR for the Netherlands MoD.

Bristow is performing SAR only for the oil companies.

Mark

kmax
23rd Jun 2012, 12:50
correct, NHV does the Night SAR coverage in the Dutch sector of the North Sea