PDA

View Full Version : X SPANAIR Pilots !!!

hotline330
20th Jun 2012, 11:24
Dear Oryx Crew,

any news about the x Spanair pilots who have recently joined the company , coz my friend on A320 had to go on a forced leave so they can get these guys done.

and I also heard they sent some of them back coz they just have the A320 type with zero hrs.:confused:

gcc_
20th Jun 2012, 13:28
Yes quiet a bunch of guys have been given forced leave at the moment.
Also yes, lots failed the English proficiency test, personally didn't hear about the 0 hours on type story.

Happy Landings. :ok:

perritopiloto
20th Jun 2012, 14:02
Hi
You mean forced leave in QR?
Or some other companies!
Take care

hotline330
20th Jun 2012, 20:50
Hi all

from what I got to know QR knew about their 0 hrs after they joined them ( no surprise )

Regards,

Global01
21st Jun 2012, 01:56
They messed up all my plans, I'm home now doing nothing just waiting for them to get done !

Any updates ??

Tx

iQatar
21st Jun 2012, 07:01
lots failed the English proficiency test

Surely the interviewers would have pick that up during the interview.

from what I got to know QR knew about their 0 hrs after they joined them

On my interview all 8 of us had to hand in our logbooks for ''inspection''.

Redline
21st Jun 2012, 07:26
Global01
Ex Spanair
They messed up all my plans, I'm home now doing nothing just waiting for them to get done !

Any updates ??

Tx

Me too!!!!!!

falcon10
21st Jun 2012, 09:17
Having flown on JK many times and meeting their crews - many whose English was atrocious, and piloting skills made me think twice on more than one occasion - I cant believe many would even pass an EK interview! Nice guys, dont get me wrong, but...

archer_737
21st Jun 2012, 09:52
A truly shame to see some "colleagues" doubting of a group of pilots skills, specially of a bankrupted company.

Typical on this profession, the "macho pilot" or "top gun" complex.

Don't know you, but I would never rate their pilot skills because I've been in the jump seat with them twice.

Airmann
21st Jun 2012, 10:50
To all those with a crux against the SPANAIR guys: Don't blame them because you or your friend isn't flying, it's not fair on them, they just took a job to feed their family, they don't make the rosters.

MerAir80
21st Jun 2012, 11:34
I really don't understand. I'm in line as well, but I cannot be mad at other pilots, whatever the reason they are ahead of me!
And I don't really like this way to talk about "their atrocious english". I would have been curious to see how many pilots would have passed just the arabic level 4, to work for Qatar, Ek, Ethiad or whatever!
I have heard so much about aircraft crashes, and I don't really remeber that they all happened to Spanair, or only in Spain or just because of the "atrocious english" spoken by Spanish pilots!

And Just to make it clear, I'm not from Spain!

Cat3BNoDH
21st Jun 2012, 11:46
What makes you say things like that of a fellow unemployed pilot??
What makes you think that you're a better deal to QR than those exSpainair guys?
Do you know that more than half of those guys got a job on another airline almost immediately after JK bankrupcy?
Don't blame them because QR thought they were a better deal than you! I would take 150 experienced TR guys anyday over 150 nonTR applicants. Just because its cheaper and faster to put them to work... QR took the deal and didn't pay off... Bad for them lucky for you because maybe that's the only way you're going to get a job in the next coming months.
I'm not an exSpainair guy (or even Spanish for that matter) but I get ungry :* when I see prejudiced comments like that.
You guys probably need to work on your CRM skills...

Runbamaca
21st Jun 2012, 12:50
Totally agree with the post above:D

hotline330
21st Jun 2012, 13:45
Dear All,

when I posted this I was just clarifying what is going on in the company, and all my criticism was for QR not Spanair guys.

In this company no one has the big picture even the CEO him self , and we also have families to feed so you have to know what's going on arround you.

SEE U ON TCAS,

archer_737
21st Jun 2012, 14:35
hotline330

I'm sure everyone agrees with you and our comments were to the other guy.

Have a safe flights!

jibba_jabba
21st Jun 2012, 14:38
@ Global01
@ Redline

Time to study at a relaxed pace then! I wouldnt complain, unless your on the FTSO wage!

Until then, a sim can sneak up on you at any time. So be prepared!

Spanish guys are cool, but its a wonder that the ELP was not tested more. Apart from that, more chance of an upgrade if your waiting longer..... unless your unlucky, and see everyone around you get fleet upgraded! :ugh:

falcon10
21st Jun 2012, 15:50
Sorry didnt mean to offend anyone, nor lump all the JK pilots in one stereotype. My experiences though did not leave me with a good feeling. Although I think that is typical of the relaxed Spanish culture rather than anything else. I rode in the JS on an Iberia flight and never saw a checklist, so each to their own I guess. Im sure they are all very decent people.

Global01
21st Jun 2012, 16:42
Who are you .. huh Respect your self ... I say what i say ...

And who said my family is well fed ... how cruel you are ... never judge dude..

We're all here for money, I went though hell for more than a year before the interview , got interviewed , 7 month wait for an offer and now you telling me that ...Then thease guys ( poor guys:{ please dont cry ) Comes and take our places, you havent been touched by that otherwise we would see your harsh posts everywhere ...

jibba jibba:

You're right man, that what im trying to do.... Tanning max !

Spanish + ELP = 2

archer_737
21st Jun 2012, 17:05
You know, even if they check it, major airlines always find a leak on their psychometrics system so some strange individuals like our friend Global can get through.

Funny to see you saying don't cry while the crying child is you.

I've seen guys interviewing with me going through faster just because they have experience on Airbus and I'm not blaming them. And definitely I'll never call a F/O position in a foreign private company "my place".

Oh mom, look, they took MY place...

OMG, dude, did you bring some friend to Doha with you to do your psychometric exam or is just that easy in QR? :*

MerAir80
21st Jun 2012, 19:27
The owners of the Qatar spots and positions are those already hired. You are in or out! I haven't seen any thief stealing positions in QR, so far!
Just people becoming mean for no reason! What a shame!:ugh:

Hajj Man
21st Jun 2012, 19:37
You have to see what Global is saying here.

He got burnt by the system at QR from the interview as well now as the prolonged wait in the training. There is only so much you can take and no more. He was at maximum and then he got dealt another blow with the flood of pilots from SPANAIR who jumped him. This is only natural to reach a point of breaking and be very upset that you are pushed back and treated like a piece of dirt to make room for your equals. Why did this happen and who made this decision to expedite the SPANAIR pilots and push the already joined pilots in training on the back burner? That is not very nice.

HM :ok:

Airmann
21st Jun 2012, 19:52
Actually Global I am a second officer for QR, and I am scheduled to fly ONE line training flight in the span of 8 weeks because of the SPANAIR hiring. But unlike you I am not bitching about it, and especially not at them. As for them TAKING YOUR PLACE, as far as I was aware QR have not fired any SOs in order to accommodate them, so I wonder what place that is? As for your family not being well fed, well you are paid $2700 dollars a month, if your family doesn't have food on the table, then I'm sorry but you need to take a look at your finances.

Your "me first" attitude and your lovely statement "we're all here for the money" sums you and quite a few like you up pretty nicely. Shame that your ego is actually going to get angry by my remarks and further convince itself of its "rightful" place at the head of the queue. Take a chill pill and an ID90 and go explore the world, you're going to be wishing for this time back once your cleared onto the line.

P.S. my good friend has been waiting 3 years for the interview, and will wait another 6 or 7 months before joining. Everyone here has a story, and most have had to pay their dues, when your done moaning about the crappy situation your in, I.e. work for one of the largest airlines in the world, making money that most pilots in the west only see at 40, and flying jets that some pilots in the US and Canada, will Never come close to flying, then maybe you can have a chat with people and talk to them abut how they loaded baggage for 1 year at -40 degrees in the canadian north just to get the chance to fly a plane, or people that lived out of their car because their regional companies didn't pay them enough for them to rent a house while they were paying off their debts and trying to eat at the same time.

Global01
21st Jun 2012, 22:15
Hey dude , I'm sure you're one of those misrable pilots.. Are you trying to leave hunger from EU or what ?

Who are you to judge ? Who said i'm not from GCC huhhhh

It seems that you know nothing about QR ,hehehehh Psychometric your :mad:..... you better :mad:

I read such a stupid things written to answer my statement, Some one saying im paid 2400 us and that im bitching etc... ya hmarr respect your self idiot , guys how the you know who am i ? do you know my situation to say bull**** ? huhh tell me ....

Guys for your info, im not even on training, no pay, no housing, not a single penny... Working in a restaurent to feed my self dudes...I was put on hold a week before due to these guys, i'm not against anyone, im sure they're good or better than me but it's just not fair ...

Global01
21st Jun 2012, 22:23
Thanks man.. They don't get it and they will never !

archer_737
21st Jun 2012, 22:33
Global01

Yes you're right, you can be as pissed off as you want. It does not mean that you can blame someone or saying stupid things like Spanish + ELP = 2

You're the one judging the others. And you're the one making these disgusting comments and then saying "i'm not against anyone".

I've been putted in a pool, and I know the company will give for example priority to the Airbus guys but don't complain on that or start blaming them like woww look this is a Chinese guy and chinese people speaks **** english or stupid things like that.

And yes, I'm just a miserable Spanish pilot who has never worked for Spanair but your comments are just bull****. And no, I'm not taking your place at QR dude, I knew it was your place so I decided to apply for another company just in case, didn't want, at any case, to pass in front of you.

Btw, talking about english, probably 100% of those miserable guys speaks at least Spanish, English and some if are from Basque Country or Catalonia have 2 mother tongues. So 90% of the lazy english natives guys will ever speak half they do

Global01
21st Jun 2012, 22:47
Well i have commented on Jibba jibba's post saying that he was right plus i know about the spanish, you know what i mean :ok:

You are wrong, please try again .. I'm not a native speaker dude,I'm a pilot from earth took the course in english not in spanish...

If you want to make a spanish aviation language go speak to ICAO big balls..

You're saying that im saying bul**** and now you're insulting native english speakers.... Correct your self first pajero...

archer_737
21st Jun 2012, 23:01
No, insulting no man! That's a joke we use to do with my flatmate who was from UK (and btw speaking great spanish).
I use to complain about my accent when speaking english and he told me literally "dude, no complains as you can speak 4 languages and 90% of english speakers only 1" and I took his advise about not to think on that.
And I have to say that 90% of the english natives really appreciate to speak with a non native speaker because they really appreciate and are sensitive to our big amount of energy spent on trying to improve it every day.
Aviation in Spanish? Hell no! Much better and funny in english, of course. If it was for me I will take that lazy IB and AF guys and make them speak all the time with the tower in english.
But, again, that's not the point.
Keep making disgusting comments about these guys, you know, I'm sure they don't have time to be reading at you while doing their courses so nothing to worry about :ugh:

BTW, sometimes spanish + elp is much better than 2 :ok:

P.S: you were right when you said I don't know much about QR. I didn't get you when you talked about psycomethrics in the QR assessment, didn't they do it for you? That would explain many things :*

Global01
22nd Jun 2012, 02:27
Mate, Try QR at least once then you'll understand, Even with that we're still hanging on a thread man..

Instead of encouraging us , you're doing the opposite.. If QR isn't your bread then go find yours...

You keep mentioning languages, Dude you wana see my CV or what...

Plus, im not saying anything disgusting about spanair guys, just saying that they came to te right place at the wrong time... Pilots are frustrated in here... You hear cases that you can never imagine... I feel more sorry for them than me...

About your psychometric test loool , Im EX SU-35 dude, but life is hard sometimes, PM me your email ill show you...

Wish you only the best , Chillax mate, Cheers !

Cat3BNoDH
22nd Jun 2012, 07:54
Who am I? I'm a pilot like you... and fortunately that's the only thing that we have in common!!
What we don't have in common is that I've been hired by QR, I have a DOJ I will be flying for them very soon and since yesterday hoping to have you on the RHS in the near future so we can have one word or two about fellowship in aviation.
The rest of your comments don't even deserve my answer... unlike you I have 6 hours of flying to make today and dealing with bigoted people is the least of my concerns (if any).

dg808c
22nd Jun 2012, 10:56
Come on gentlemen, he is not worth the time but we have to fly with him....thatīs the case until we buy our own airline ;). I am also waiting for DOJ and yes I am frustrated about the spanair pilots in front of the rest of us but thatīs life all around the globe.
No need to bully him when you are in the left seat, nothing good comes out of it, just let him get his money/ hours and he will be on his way, thatīs how the ndustry has become.......hopefully he will end up in Ryanair where mr Oīleary will teach him a lesson. For the rest of us, just be happy that there is a good company in need of pilots, lets get the best out of it and have fun flying.

so any news about when QR is done revieving the joining dates ????? :ok:

Cat3BNoDH
22nd Jun 2012, 16:42
@dg808c
No bullying in the cockpit, of course! That's poor CRM... I meant there's no place for prejudice and bigoted attitude in "my cockpit", I won't allow it.

@global-1
Not knowing what RHS means gives a good idea of what kind of pilot you are... Better hold to that job in the restaurant... and make no mistake, I DON'T WANT TO MEET YOU! I'm just hoping that to happen...

APOLOGIES to the rest of the guys on this thread, I should have known better!

Black Pudding
22nd Jun 2012, 22:41
WOW WOW WOW, relax guys, chill out

I think the first post was meaning that his training ie line training may have been put on hold. I know many here who were half way through line training to have been told its stopping UFN.

Relax everyone and chill out.

Miguel.
23rd Jun 2012, 14:20
150 + Spanair cabin crew would have been welcomed differently. :}

mutt
23rd Jun 2012, 15:26
well you are paid $2700 dollars a month Is this for cabin attendants?

Mutt

inner
23rd Jun 2012, 16:46
I certainly do not like that the spanish got in front of the queue, even not taking into account their english, poor flying skills and the use of sop's BUT i do not blame them either. If you want to blame someone, blame QR. I hope you all realize this is just another sign that this company is full of surprises, and you'll get more if join that company.

I wish you all, even the spanish :E good luck.

FL123
23rd Jun 2012, 16:56
@inner
If you want to blame someone, blame QR. I hope you all realize this is just another sign that this company is full of surprises, and you'll get more if join that company.

I wish you all, even the spanish http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/evil.gif good luck. Agreed!! Not to blame the spanish. They didn't get in by themselves. They were called by QR. Yes, it is frustrating to see someone in front of you when you are waiting months. But its not their fault.
And regarding QR --- they want business. And the Spanish people will be more fast and productive than compared to us. They are type rated and have hours (those who had zero hours are sent back). So they took the step.
Anyways, enough discussion on it!!!

@mutt
Is this for cabin attendants?
No sir. That is SO's pay.

archer_737
23rd Jun 2012, 18:29
inner

Some of the bad english speakers and poor flying skilled Spanish did it to a much longer a harder assessment on a much better place than QR as a full F/O so don't touch the balls and just become a real F/O, then come to talk about flying skills.

White Knight
25th Jun 2012, 20:34
I would have been curious to see how many pilots would have passed just the arabic level 4, to work for Qatar, Ek, Ethiad or whatever!

Pointless and stupid post. English is THE language of aviation - whatever the frogs or spaniards may think:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh: If it was arabic I'd probably learn to speak it well... But it's not; so, pointless and stupid post:rolleyes:

And yes. Many ex-Spanair guys failed to make it to EK because of poor English!

archer_737
26th Jun 2012, 10:49
Hi White Knight.

And I guess many others did it, right?

I presume you have the statistics about the last recruitments so, can you inform us a bit?
I'm quite curios in that.

I can only speak about personal experiences so, that's mine:

About 25 guys there in 2 groups (one starting on Sunday and one on Monday).
From those, about 10 spanish all for F/O position and 4 DEC's.
From the whole group 3 of the DEC's did it. One was rejected due to his sim session.
About the rest, all did it except 3 (2 spanish and 1 UK).

None was told a thing about english.

And, talking about flying skills, none of the pilots (spanish or not) was failed after the sim session, they were told to go home after the 3rd day (interview and group exercise). All of them passed the sim. Well, except one of the DEC's (German guy) but I'm focusing here on F/O's.