PDA

View Full Version : Free advertising

notlangley
20th Jun 2012, 07:53
The only free advertising is grapevine.
But this comes quite close to being free
British Airways - Bring a plane down your street (http://taxi.ba.com/)

Hartington
20th Jun 2012, 09:35
Fun, isn't it. I was playing around with it yesterday trying out various postcodes.

Jarvy
20th Jun 2012, 12:08
Very good, used a couple of old addresses

PAXboy
20th Jun 2012, 13:17
Yes, I saw it mentioned in the BA thread in A,A &R. I tried the postcodes for House of Commons and Buckingham palace but they don't have the images!

ExXB
20th Jun 2012, 14:24
"Sorry, we have no imagery here" but only after the video was almost over.

Typical BA.

Tableview
20th Jun 2012, 15:44
Perhaps it's in case someone gets the idea of flying a 747 into the House of Commons. It might be an accident but it wouldn't be a tragedy! Actually, it would, it's a beautiful building and it would be a waste if it were empty at the time.

whibbled
30th Jun 2012, 16:42
Having seen the BA 'down your street' ad several times on television, am still highly amused to watch the passenger bridge being carefully extended to the incorrect side of the aircraft in the closing frames.

edi_local
30th Jun 2012, 17:44
Having seen the BA 'down your street' ad several times on television, am still highly amused to watch the passenger bridge being carefully extended to the incorrect side of the aircraft in the closing frames.

I can only imagine how much money they spent on this advert for them to allow such a mistake to occur. I mean it's all computerised, it would have been no hassle at all to have the aircraft using the make believe jetty at the stadium, there doesn't appear to be any reason whatsoever that they have made this mistake. It's actually quite irritating.

training wheels
30th Jun 2012, 17:48
So I guess the postcode only works for local UK postal codes. Can someone suggest a UK postcode I can use just for fun? Thanks.

west lakes
30th Jun 2012, 22:29
FY1 4BJ, Blackpool Tower & promenade

J-Man
12th Jul 2012, 18:58
No postcode ever works for me. It only plays the original video.

PAXboy
12th Jul 2012, 20:26
The key is - any postcode in a any street that has been photographed by G**gle Street View!

VintageKrug
23rd Jul 2012, 08:01
...and it has to be in the UK.

I think it's a fun advert, though was it really necessary to drive a 777 over the M4 Flyover and cause all taht disruption last week?!