PDA

View Full Version : Letter to CAS

titaniumfire
18th Jun 2012, 15:51
Gents - I was wondering what address I should use for the Chief of the Air Staff?

Thanks in advance.

LateArmLive
18th Jun 2012, 16:12
CAS then ctrl-k

A2QFI
18th Jun 2012, 16:29
Ministry of Defence. Main Building. Whitehall. London SW1A 2HB

Duncan D'Sorderlee
18th Jun 2012, 16:33
Best that I could find was:

Ministry of Defence | Contact us | Ask a Minister (http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/ContactUs/AskAMinister.htm)

Duncs:ok:

zedder
18th Jun 2012, 19:34
Are you planning to ask exactly what it is he is Chief of these days? Don't expect a long reply!

TorqueOfTheDevil
18th Jun 2012, 20:21
...assuming you're not writing to congratulate him on something, it might be safer to sign as your PPrune nom de plume, with PPrune Towers as your address...

Easy Street
18th Jun 2012, 21:08
If you don't get any replies from the above addresses, just write to him at the board of BAE Systems, he'll pick up the message in a year or two.

titaniumfire
18th Jun 2012, 21:26
@A2QFI and @Duncs Thanks both. I thought as much but didn't want to assume. ;)

Not really in a position to discuss content - but appreciate the replies.

Thanks.

terveuren
18th Jun 2012, 22:27
I think you may find that he now resides at HQ Air Command, RAF High Wycombe, HP14 4UE although I'm sure the MOD address listed earlier will also reach him. Good Luck!

howiehowie93
19th Jun 2012, 01:45
Feel free to keep us updated with progress, whether it be

:D or :ugh:

but perhaps not :mad:

regards
H :ok:

Pontius Navigator
19th Jun 2012, 06:44
Get his post nominals right too.

Ali Barber
19th Jun 2012, 07:46
You could try the search facility and post it here on PPRuNe. Didn't there used to be a thread called "Good Morning Sir" or something like that?

Red Line Entry
19th Jun 2012, 07:50
I would address him as 'Sir'...

Although you'll find that:

Chief of the Air Staff
Spitfire Block
Royal Air Force High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
HP14 4UE

will also work!

teeteringhead
19th Jun 2012, 08:43
In theory he splits his time between Town and High Wycombe - not sure what the practice is! Get his post nominals right too. .. not forgetting the GCB he acquired on Saturday. As the old joke has it: "twice a knight - and at his age too!"

boom boom

titaniumfire
19th Jun 2012, 11:19
@PontiusNavigator & @teeteringhead Thanks for the post-nominals 'heads-up' but it would appear that the RAF has got it wrong....

RAF - Chief of the Air Staff (CAS) (http://www.raf.mod.uk/organisation/cas.cfm) ... no GCB....

@RedLineEntry

Appreciate the insight... I'll address it to the office. Thanks.

newt
19th Jun 2012, 11:49
Why write to him anyway? If its a question then you probably already know the answer! If its a request then the answer will be NO!! And if its your resignation then he will gladly accept!!:ok:

cornish-stormrider
19th Jun 2012, 14:18
how about Oi! matey!

At least that will get you noticed.
he gets egg on hat, I have egg on face and foot in mouth - at least thats what my last appraisal said.....!

I thought the opening line would be:

Sir,
followed closely by your whinge and then the traditional offering him outside round the hanger for counselling:E

Then all that guff about humble servant etc....

Sir George Cayley
19th Jun 2012, 15:02
CAS splits his nominals between Town & Wycombe:eek:

SGC

davejb
19th Jun 2012, 16:59
I think he likes to be called Nobby, so you might like to try that?

dctyke
19th Jun 2012, 18:42
teeteringhead, you are Deputy CinC and I claim my £10 !

Edmund Spencer
19th Jun 2012, 18:50
Dost think in a moment of anger
'Tis well with thy seniors to fight?
They prosper, who burn in the morning,
The letters they wrote overnight.

High_Expect
19th Jun 2012, 19:04
Marshal has one L not two ;)

Ps. I heard he love person letters. His favourite was "My mate says you're an idiot, I think you're alright. Which is it?"

Samuel
19th Jun 2012, 22:26
I'm really surprised that most here seem to adopt the view that the higher you go the less approachable you become! Is that really true, or imagined?

jindabyne
19th Jun 2012, 23:06
I'd seek him out in one of those decent Whitehall pubs one evening, and put your views, discreetly.

teeteringhead
20th Jun 2012, 06:35
teeteringhead, you are Deputy CinC and I claim my £10 ! ... a wee bit above my pay grade I fear (quite a lot really) :(

... and do keep up! We no longer have a CinC so we no longer have DCinCs! The 3-stars are now called DCom Ops (Dick Garwood) and DCom Cap(abilities) (Andy Pulford) ;)

Blacksheep
20th Jun 2012, 06:41
...most here seem to adopt the view that the higher you go the less approachable you become...I've had encounters with an awful lot of disagreeable Squadron Leaders and even worse Flight Lieutenants. I met a few Air Marshals and Air Chief Marshals in my time and I found the higher the rank, the more agreeable the personality. I suppose that has something to say about how they reach the top?

Bladdered
20th Jun 2012, 12:26
I remember bumping into Sir Curtains and Carpets at Binnsworth, I was walking down the stairs, he was walking up and offered him a cheery good morning sir, his response.............. "is it!!"

Lovely chap.........;)

Wander00
20th Jun 2012, 19:39
Blacksheep - I can think of a couple of "stars" you never met then!

endplay
20th Jun 2012, 20:03
worth remembering that every top feeder was pond life at one time. If they can't recall that period then they probably don'tdeserve their current position.

Courtney Mil
21st Jun 2012, 08:25
Endplay,

Good point. And well done for avoiding the use of the term 'bottom feeder'.

Courtney

jamesman
21st Jun 2012, 12:38
Having met a few 'air -ships' in my time, I have found most (though not all) to fairly nice chaps. The one big issue is all of the 'underlings' scurrying around being a complete pain in the ring, under the complete false illusion that they are the ones wearing the stars!:*

Jamesman

SOSL
22nd Jun 2012, 11:23
When you get promoted to be a big boy it's fun to be nice to the little guys. That's what I've heard.

Rgds SOS

teeteringhead
22nd Jun 2012, 12:58
The one big issue is all of the 'underlings' scurrying around being a complete pain in the ring, under the complete false illusion that they are the ones wearing the stars! Exactly so!!

Can't count the number of occasions when some ADC/PSO/SO/whatever has said: "Sir wants this, Sir wants that!" etc.

And when Sir gets it, he looks quizzical and asks: "Why are you doing that?"

Whereupon he gets told why! :ok: