PDA

View Full Version : Serviced apartments in Dubai

ExXB
18th Jun 2012, 12:33
Does anyone have any recommendations for a serviced apartment in Dubai. Ideally it would be (very) close to the metro line.

Thanks in advance.

Plazbot
18th Jun 2012, 12:50
Jumeirah Lake Towers apartments for rent in Dubai - Apartments in Jumeirah Lake Towers- JustRentals.com (http://www.justrentals.com/dubai-rent/jumeirah-lake-towers-apartments-for-rent.html?gclid=CObLgdTp17ACFU966woduQjh2Q)
two metro stations there.

Dubaian
18th Jun 2012, 12:57
Hyatt Galleria in Deira. Close to a Metro Stn on the Green line. Attached to the Hyatt Regency Hotel so you also have full hotel facilities if you want them. Incl Spa & Gym FOC. Discounted rates in outlets. Tennis courts. Squash. Small Choithrams supermarket and ice rink in the complex.
Rooftop pool on 30th floor for Galleria residents - great place for plane spotting ;)
Not the cheapest place in town but close to the airport. Well managed - you will have no hassles over cleaning, maintenance, etc.

GE90-115B
18th Jun 2012, 13:52
Depends on what your budget is apart from how long you want to commute.
If your work takes you to DXB Airport every day and you dont want to commute for too long then you could choose a place close to Airport preferably on the Airport Red Line. Look up google maps for places close to Airport. BE ADVISED: Metro doesnt take you to Airport Terminal 2 / Gate 3. If thats where you intend to go.

howard meredith
18th Jun 2012, 15:42
Suggest you try the Trade Centre Apartments on SZR, 1bed/2 bed
5 min walk to Trade Centre Metro station.

Make sure you get apartment on the back of the buildings,otherwise traffic noise.

Dubaian
19th Jun 2012, 07:10
Caveat - both the Trade Centre Apartments & the Hyatt Galleria are getting a bit long in the tooth (i.e. approx 30 years old. Ancient by DXB standards). Decor and furnishings not to everyone's taste. But as they say 'location, location, location'. ;)

BritishGuy
19th Jun 2012, 10:03
You might want to try 'Time - Topaz Living Courts' in Al Barsha. Right next to CityMax Hotel. 2 bedroom, 3 bathroom place fully furnished with all utilities/amenities was 9000 AED up until the beginning of this year. a 30 second walk to the back entrance of Mall of the Emirates (Metro is in MoE). Good value for money. Spent a year and a half there and can say I was thoroughly happy. The convenience of the mall was prime. Traffic (if driving) was a nightmare though!

ExXB
19th Jun 2012, 16:05
Thanks to all, I'll set up some visits when I'm over for my interview!

Flyingstig
19th Jun 2012, 22:16
What about City Centre Residence, Deira ?
Any experience of that?

Dubaian
20th Jun 2012, 06:57
Bear in mind it never operates 24/7 and doesn't open until 1pm on a Friday.

NGFellow
21st Jun 2012, 01:19
There are plenty of service apartments just behind the Burjuman Mall which is next to the Khalid Bin Waleed metro stop. You can get a studio, 1 bedroom or from bigger around AED 200-300/night, or opt for a monthly rate (long stay).
These places usually include breakfast and free WIFI.