PDA

View Full Version : Casa and celebs

falconx
17th Jun 2012, 05:26
So on the grape vine, seems lady gagas G5 just departed BN, crew didnt complete a walkaround, neither file a flightplan and check weather, with all blinds shut for takeoff, and the part that made the day was from those glorious traffic controllers in the tower "Pegjet 1' enjoy that bad romance, contact departures, g'day" now casa wants to rip the operator apart, well one FIO....comments?

Ollie Onion
17th Jun 2012, 06:31
How do we know the crew had to complete a walk around. There have been airlines that I have worked for that don't require a walkaround if the aircraft is handed over to the crew from an Engineer who has completed all of that 'stuff'.

Surely with no Flightplan you can't even get a start clearance??

Doesn't add up to me.

falconx
17th Jun 2012, 07:01
Casa had been observing the a/c for the day, flight plan was filed over the air....

Dangly Bits
17th Jun 2012, 08:57
It's Sunday! As if CASA would be working today....

Capn Bloggs
17th Jun 2012, 09:12
with all blinds shut for takeoff
Maybe the sun was shining in their eyes? Ohhhh, you mean the cabin? Better not look outside to see the machine upside down careering for the ground...just wait for the thump. Besides, it's only Brisbane they'd miss out on viewing during departure...

Howard Hughes
17th Jun 2012, 09:48
You don't get to scream around in a G5 unless you know your stuff! On the strength of a rumour on PPRuNe, my money would be on the crew having done the right thing.:ok:

By the way it was G-IV.;)

Checkboard
17th Jun 2012, 10:01
For someone of Lady Gaga's wealth, I would be surprised if her (or the tour's insurers at least) hadn't safety audited the operator before she got anywhere near the aircraft.

For VIP operations, it isn't unusual (in fact it is more usual :hmm: ) for the principal to be quite late for the flight. (After all, that is part of the reason they pay for a private plane - so that it goes when they are ready.)

This means that the crew commonly get to the airport and prep the plane (including the walk around etc) - then wait for perhaps two or more hours before the principal shows, and it's time to go. As everything has been done, it's just a quick check to make sure the chocks are out, and you leap on, close doors and fire it up.

with all blinds shut for takeoff
This is an airline SOP - not a CASA requirement! If you have one person on the aircraft, and the rest of the windows are unused it doesn't matter if they are open or closed, and personal security considerations for a VIP outweigh any "open or closed blind" considerations.

I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't the case here. Careful what you allege! :hmm:

Defenestrator
17th Jun 2012, 11:16
What was the tail number of the aircraft?

D

compressor stall
17th Jun 2012, 12:05
A lot of allegations there.

Checkboard has covered the walkarounds...

Didn't file a plan? Maybe Lady Gag Gag decided to go somewhere else? They can and do at the last minute. Or maybe it didn't go through? Even if they did file it over the air, so what?

Didn't check the weather? How would you know that? I check it online though various (official) means, two of which are not Airservices.

Blinds down - as discussed, so what? Show me the reg.

Sounds like a case of jealousy to me.

Worrals in the wilds
17th Jun 2012, 12:36
now casa wants to rip the operator apart, well one FIO....comments? At least they managed to find the runway.
How about Elton's private jet that tried to takeoff from Brisbane on TWY Alpha? :hmm:
http://www.atsb.gov.au/media/807517/ao2007064.pdf
Besides, it's only Brisbane they'd miss out on viewing during departure... Fair go, the refineries and mud flats are very pretty in the afternoon sun...;):}
"Pegjet 1' enjoy that bad romance, contact departures, g'day"
IMO if we've reached the stage where ATCs can't make a two second joke at their discretion (traffic permitting) then it's time for the aviation industry to roll over and die of boredom. :zzz:

neville_nobody
17th Jun 2012, 21:38
If it was N rego I'm not quite sure what CASA are going to do.

Blinds down for TO is ops normal in the US. Enforcing them to be up is just another BS Australian rule.....like everything else in this country.

They also taxi out on one engine over there too............but don't tell CASA.:ugh:

VH-XXX
17th Jun 2012, 23:10
Blinds down for TO is ops normal in the US

Really? I found them to be quite anal about the blinds being open in the US of A.

T28D
17th Jun 2012, 23:42
Not on delta or North West cabin crew couldn't care less more interested in how to get your baggage on arrival in the little jungle jets, carry on restrictions in the US are a joke , if it is smaller than a fridge and can be lifted in one hand it is carry on !!!!

VH-XXX
18th Jun 2012, 01:12
carry on restrictions in the US are a joke , if it is smaller than a fridge and can be lifted in one hand it is carry on !!!!

That simply shows how smart the public are over there.

If you check in your bag you pay $25+ each. If you take it to the gate or attempt to get it on the plane and it's too big, they throw it down the chute to have it "checked" and you don't pay a cent :ok:

My last few flights on American Airlines and Delta - they were quite religeous about the blinds being open.

Virgin has "mood lighting" which explains what you are referring to there ga_trojan. Pretty important stuff :cool:

QSK?
18th Jun 2012, 23:28
,...neither file a flightplan and check weatherMaybe the weather and flight plan were organised and despatched to the crew and Airservices via an off-shore, third party flight despatch organisation e.g. ACCESS.AERO » Planning and Flight Dispatch (http://www.access.aero/index.php?page=category&category_id=13)