PDA

View Full Version : How to add SEP to current JAA/UK ATPL

Mr GinoPino
15th Jun 2012, 19:48
Hi!

I have a JAA ATPL issued by the UK CAA, I did my training in a UK FTO doing an "integrated course" so first licence I had was a CPL with MEP rating on it. Now I have a full ATPL with valid ME/IR and I would like to add a SEP (to fly C152)...what shall i do?! I checked the LASORS but I'm still confuse about what to do.

...any help or suggestions would be very appreciated!

Gino

Genghis the Engineer
15th Jun 2012, 20:16
Training as required and an SEP skill test. There's a very recent thread on the private flying forum.

G

Dave Clarke Fife
15th Jun 2012, 21:01
Have been thinking of doing the same and like the OP have been confused with the content within LASORS. Can anybody help clarify the cost of adding a lapsed SEP to my ATPL? Is it the same as the stated fee for a lapsed rating >5yrs but <10 yrs ( which is the time span i fall into). Thanks for any clarification

Whopity
15th Jun 2012, 21:18
Can anybody help clarify the cost of adding a lapsed SEP to my ATPL? ORS 5 No 269 Table 5 (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/269PLSAmd.pdf) Initial Issue £121; Renewal/Revalidation £89

Dave Clarke Fife
16th Jun 2012, 16:29
Whopity......many thanks :ok:

tdk90
19th Nov 2012, 14:44
On a similar note (having used the search function!). What do I need to do to add MEP/IR to a current ATPL with a Multi Pilot Type Rating? MEP on FAA if it makes any difference, I have looked at CAP 804 but can't discern my particular situation - Cheers

S-Works
19th Nov 2012, 15:03
More than 100hrs MEP a skill test. Less than 100hrs MEP the entire course.

Another_CFI
19th Nov 2012, 15:08
To amplify on the comments by Bose-X the following is contained in CAP804

C. ACCEPTANCE OF CLASS AND TYPE RATINGS
(1) A valid class or type rating contained in a licence issued by a third country
may be inserted in a Part-FCL licence provided that the applicant:
(a) complies with the experience requirements and the prerequisites for the
issue of the applicable type or class rating in accordance with Part-FCL;
(b) passes the relevant skill test for the issue of the applicable type or class rating
in accordance with Part-FCL;
(c) is in current flying practice;
(d) has no less than:
(i) for aeroplane class ratings, 100 hours of flight experience as a pilot in that
class;
(ii) for aeroplane type ratings, 500 hours of flight experience as a pilot in that
type;
(iii) for single-engine helicopters with a maximum certificated take-off mass
of up to 3 175 kg, 100 hours of flight experience as a pilot in that type;
(iv) for all other helicopters, 350 hours of flight experience as a pilot in that
type.

tdk90
19th Nov 2012, 15:43
Thanks a lot! What about the MEP IR aspect, does my IR on the ATPL count as credit towards it?