PDA

View Full Version : The Dictator.. Sacha Baron Cohen

fluffy5
12th Jun 2012, 02:31
I have just seen the film The Dictator with Sacha baron Cohen, rather funny.
After years of living in the middle east the small underlying jokes made me and the wife laugh the hardest. I would think it will be shown out there with a few things censored, not sure about Saudi thou.....

Fluffy

Voodoo 3
12th Jun 2012, 06:48
I would imagine that if neither Brüno or Borat were ever shown here then the chances of The Dictator being shown here to be largely nil. I haven't seen it (yet), but if it makes so many digs about the region I can't imagine the UAE would want it broadcast to all and sundry? Having said that it may be edited and so could have a run time of about say three minutes?!

Could be one for down route methinks.

Tableview
12th Jun 2012, 07:36
SBC epitomises vulgarity, bigotry, and the lowest form of crude lavatorial humour there is. Of course the real idiots are those who pay to watch such drivel.

Kennytheking
12th Jun 2012, 07:43
Sorry Tableview, beg to differ......I am one of the idiots who paid to see it and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The story line may be a bit thin and some of the jokes crude, as a whole I loved the politically incorrect nature of the movie. People take life too seriously at it was good to see a good poke at the backward ways of certain cultures.

Plazbot
16th Jun 2012, 10:42
It was alright. No real laugh out loud moments though.

SpringHeeledJack
16th Jun 2012, 13:07
The humour depends on how your funny bone is set, as always. SBC is 'talented' in general terms, however I find his repertoire very restricted to characters and groups rightly or wrongly seen to be 'ahem' contrary to certain viewpoints.

VijayMallya
16th Jun 2012, 14:47
Yakshemash...

Living in India and watching SBC's take on how "The Dictator" thought of a baby girl by saying, "Where's the dustbin?" I could only hope for him to play as the PM of India...

Please just throw some $€¥$€$ and I'm really to sell my country to you...

Great job again SBC :D:D

Capt Groper
18th Jun 2012, 15:03
Using a well know personality for inspiration then able to have a dig at all from American social reality to that that happens in parts of the world. Unfortunately hard to swallow for some.

ENFP
19th Jun 2012, 03:09
I have just seen the film The Dictator with Sacha baron Cohen, rather funny.
After years of living in the middle east the small underlying jokes made me and the wife laugh the hardest. I would think it will be shown out there with a few things censored, not sure about Saudi thou.....

I have never seen a cinema in Saudi. Do they have cinemas in Saudi?