PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Promotion numbers

kfwalm
9th Jun 2012, 19:03
Any ideas on the promotion numbers for this years board?

ramp_up
9th Jun 2012, 20:19
I am lead to believe that there are (at least ) 2 FS-MAcr WSOp Cmn slots; however no info on Sgt-FS or on the other trades.

ratty1
9th Jun 2012, 21:38
WSOp Cmn. 1 C130J FS to MACr soon to be A400M, 1 MAOT FS - MACr. 1 Sgt - FS C130J, don't know about the other one.

No PAS offered to anybody.

Door Slider
9th Jun 2012, 21:50
I've heard absolutely nothing at Benson, but i'm guessing that unless you you're capable of being the next CAS then there is no chance of promotion.

GalleyTeapot
10th Jun 2012, 10:08
Manning ran the board, joint promotion/pas/re-engagement, then all went off on extended Bank Holiday leave without telling anyone the results. Remember you are just a number!

globefan
10th Jun 2012, 11:24
Galley Teapot - have all of your posts been as ill informed as this last one? I was told that relevant chains of command were informed pm Fri, which could only happen when results had been signed off by the big cheese. If the CoCs didn't get the info out then maybe individuals with a gripe should look closer to home.

Tiger_mate
10th Jun 2012, 11:43
I know of one bit of good news delivered thursday afternoon and backdated to 25 May which is when the Board sat. Unusual not to have to wait until Jul 1st but we live in unusual times. Not known if there is a 1st Jan 2013 batch and whether or not announced now if there is. Therefore some speculation will do the rounds for a while, but I suspect that if you have not heard by now then you are not going to hear this side of autumn at best.

Chinny Crewman
10th Jun 2012, 16:26
Tiger; the system changed last year and there are no half yearly promotions for us anymore. The quota is filled from the board and those selected are promoted when they they take up a post in their new rank. This can be backdated to the date the board sat if the individual is already filling a post requiring a higher rank. If no post becomes available then anyone selected will automatically be promoted when next years board sits. This is irrespective of position on the board.

GalleyTeapot
10th Jun 2012, 16:45
Globefan when one is told by a civil servent at manning on Thursday afternoon that everyone on the NCA desks are on leave and to call back Monday then how is that ill informed?
I don't have a gripe as not in line for promotion/PAS/re-engagement but folk I work with are.
Maybe your next post should be a little more"informed"?

Strop Hanger
10th Jun 2012, 18:12
Maybe if there is next to no promotion, limited re engagement, and no PAS, people will concentrate on their primary duties and stop inventing ever more fancifal secondary duties to get noticed! Embrace the new world and concentrate on doing a good job, and get satisfaction from it!:ok:

Tiger_mate
10th Jun 2012, 20:39
A naive contribution to the thread; there are thousands of servicemen who do a good job and get satisfaction from it; and most are highly motivated. Part of that motivation is focused on a career strategy that includes advancement aspirations (goals) with more responsibility and potentially greater satisfaction. I am glad that the present phase is happening at a time that does not effect me at all and I feel for the many it does effect.

globefan
10th Jun 2012, 21:11
Galley Teapot - I guess there wasn't a leave ban in place then which is clearly what you are advocating. If it wasn't a gripe then why did you feel the need to air it on here? Perhaps you should try your luck tomorrow and see if you get past the civil servent.....

GalleyTeapot
10th Jun 2012, 21:52
Globefan my point was that manning don't care about those who are waiting to know if they will be re-engaged before their exit point in a matter of months. Did I say anything about a leave ban? No!
Bloody loadies!

grousehunter
10th Jun 2012, 22:03
G-T,

All fully understood! Must be a loadie thing eh?

Cheers for looking out for your mates.:ok:

GH.

globefan
11th Jun 2012, 06:09
G-T / G-H - manning don't care.. well's there's just about the biggest insult you could have thrown at the current incumbent. Well done. If you're not one of that kind, and I'm assuming you're not, what a shame none of your brethren have chosen to step up to the mark over the last few years.

Tiger_mate
11th Jun 2012, 06:47
"Here-here"; best individual for years by a long mile; with a thankless job and it appears thankless customers.