PDA

View Full Version : IFR night quickie

Lumps
5th Jun 2012, 23:32
I have NVFR rating, 3 night TO/landings <90days but not 1 hour flight time at night within 12 months. I also have current unrestricted MECIR. If I flew under IFR at night for 1 hour is my NVFR now current?

The NVFR currency requirements call for 1 hour flight at night within last 12 months - it does not say it has to be under the NVFR

Move On
6th Jun 2012, 01:44
It's been a while...

You can fly IFR and be it VMC at night, the 1 hour night flight is a 1 hour night flight. So you can count it.

You have met the requirement for the 3 t/o and landings within 90 days for pax.

You will be night current for pax and charter. Don't let the NVFR confuse you.

You have a MECIR and the 3 t/o and landings within 90 days (pax) plus a 1 hour flight (100nm) in 6 months for pax charter-12 months private.....

Move on:ok:

falconx
6th Jun 2012, 05:10
Not the sort of quickie I was thinking

MakeItHappenCaptain
6th Jun 2012, 09:14
Move On

The 100nm 6 mths thing is only a requirement for flying NVFR charter, not IFR.
(This applies as the NVFR rating can only be used for PVT or AWK. You must hold a current CIR for VFR CHTR at night. The most likely reason you would do this would be because of an equipment unservicability.)

The 12 mth requirement for pvt (or awk) doesn't have to be x/country either. 1 hour in the CCT is ok.

CAO 40.2.1, Para 14 :ok:

Move On
7th Jun 2012, 02:02
MIHC,

You are right.

I assumed Lumps wanted to know if he/she was current for NVFR Charter, thats why I mentioned the 100nm bit.

Lumps
7th Jun 2012, 08:46
Nope it was just for a pvt ferry flight in nvfr only aircraft. Thanks y'all. Looks like I'll just plan to get a leg in at night ifr and I'll be legal.