PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways 2nd Officer programme pulled?

bluesideoops
4th Jun 2012, 19:12
Does anyone know if Qatar have pulled their SO programme out? I am a van driver with 2000+ hrs on the van and was hoping that this would be a way into the airlines for me, I have just done my ATP in the hope of this and now find that this doesn't seem to be available any longer! :ugh:

If this is the case, anyone able to recommend any companies that will take pilots who don't have type rating/time on type but have current ATP/MEIR and 3000hrs + Total Time?

Hope someone has a suggestion!

ITO
4th Jun 2012, 20:06
Well, we are all in the dark unfortunatelly. We don`t know at all what is going on at the moment. I guess QR stoped Interviewing NTSO, with hundreds of pilots on hold at the moment, including guys who passed NTSO selections. God knows where we are heading !

Tritzo
5th Jun 2012, 08:18
an official statement would definitely be helpful.

i gave up the chance of a good biz job because i was told via phone that i would be contacted very soon. now the job is gone of course and qr still doesnt give any details upon contract/fleet allocation etc.
(ntso; interview beg. of nov'11; successful notice jan'12)

comparing with the treatment we all have experienced during our interview, i quite feel left out now. the thing is, i dont have much of a choice than to wait for qr. GA is oversaturated and airlines only take 1500+ jet time with 500+ on type. think i might go to university or go back to army while i keep applying everywhere continously.

ITO
5th Jun 2012, 08:38
Lost 2 firm job opportunities because of this none informative waiting game. The jobs are long gone, and me sitting waiting for the gods to pul or press a button for something to happen. Job opportunities doesn't happen often, and you feel like a jurk when you deliberately refuse them for something else that seems to be far better just to see at the end of the day that, well, you just did put your self in far more trouble, or worse went totally backward.

FL123
5th Jun 2012, 09:38
you have a mssg!!