PDA

View Full Version : Scroggs & WWW Off Topic I know

Naples Air Center, Inc.
31st Mar 2002, 18:10
Scroggs and WWW,

I like the upgrade to the Forum. I have been using this forum software in other Forums I belong to. It is going to be a major help to people who are regulars at PPRuNe.

My only problem is that I now have my Login Name showing when I post and not my User Name. This forum software does not support User Names.

Is it possible for either of you to edit my login name and change it from flynac (Which stands for "Fly Naples Air Center" if anyone is wondering.) to Naples Air Center, Inc.? I do not have access to make this change, I hope one of you do.

If you need to contact me, use my email address. ([email protected])

Thank you,

Richard

P.S. I posted the thread here since I have had discussions in this forum on various topics with both of you.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
31st Mar 2002, 18:47
***Update***

Looking around the Forum I found a note from Danny in Rumours & News

It looks as though the import script has not copied over screen names and only put log-in names. You should be able to change your screen name in the UserControl Panel which is also explained in the faq's. It is not rocket science and unfortunately I cannot answer all the questions for everyone personally. So, if you have emailed with a question you may not receive ananswer, especially if it is in the faq's.

I looked in the FAQ

How do I add a custom status to my profile? [edit your profile]
If the administrator has enabled custom status titles, then you can specify the text you want to display by editing your profile and entering the text you want in the Custom User Text field.

Best I can tell this feature is not currently turned on. I will sit tight and wait. I am sure there are plenty of other teething problems the Forum is going through. This one is minor. I am just posting it here for other people with the same problem know what is going on and do not flood you with the same request.

Take Care,

Richard

Capt PPRuNe
31st Mar 2002, 20:05
Changed.