PDA

View Full Version : Acceptable Advertising

Art Field
3rd Jun 2012, 20:55
Not an aviation subject but found on pprune on this forum is an advert for a service which I believe encourages exagerated or unecessarily costly insurance claims and is of a type that has received adverse comment in Government circles. I appreciate it is necessary to have adverts in pprune to enable the forums to continue but wonder if this one is appropriate.

Tankertrashnav
3rd Jun 2012, 23:23
Quite agree Art. The sort of claims that are at least responsible for the big annual increases in car insurance which I'm sure most of us have experienced. Don't think much will be done about it though, as I seem to remember that PPRuNe doesnt have much say in the way the site itself is financed.

BEagle
4th Jun 2012, 06:13
When my car insurance renewal quote arrived a couple of days ago, it had been hiked by 11% over last year....

A few minutes on the phone and as a 'goodwill gesture', they reduced the increase to about 5%.

They told me it was because of fraudulent whiplash claims that plague the industry these days. Time the law was changed and these no win/no free ambulance-chasing parasites were banned.

Al R
4th Jun 2012, 06:40
I despise these shysters as much as the next man. But, if we're losing men and women in a fight for free speech (insert cause here) on the other side of the world, until the law is passed (asap please), we should put up with 'em as one consequence of a free society.