PDA

View Full Version : Overtime for Offshore Pilots/Mechs/Crews

Redhawk 83
3rd Jun 2012, 18:03
Question in the equal time on/off helicopter world is the "industry standard" to calculate overtime by dividing annual salary by 365 then multiplying by 1.5 or is it done by dividing salary by days scheduled to be worked (183?) then times 1.5?

In the US I have seen both ways; Union shop did the latter. Thanks in advance for any positive feedback.

Garfs
3rd Jun 2012, 18:09
Where I work they pay a flat daily rate for overtime regardless of how many hours u work. The rate is also the same for everyone, ie Captain or Co Pilot and the rate for me as a co pilot works out at roughly 1/8th of my monthly salary (for each day of overtime)

iTom
3rd Jun 2012, 18:38
Overtime ?

What's that ? :ooh:
iTom

unstable load
3rd Jun 2012, 18:39
It probably all boils down to how crappy the location is and how many/few people want to do workovers as to how much it pays.
I am sure there is an accepted formula somewhere, but it is worthless if the guys won't accept it.
Most of the places I have worked at use the solution proposed by Garfs for a more workable way of doing things.

jayteeto
3rd Jun 2012, 18:43
You get overtime? Most pilot contracts allow working to CAA limits!

Redhawk 83
3rd Jun 2012, 19:06
Sorry meant for the reference to overtime as applied to a "work over" or day past normal tour or hitch. 1.5 is rate of pay applied to a day's pay. Thanks

ironchefflay
3rd Jun 2012, 21:47
ours it based on number of hours worked in the year and our basic pay.

helimutt
4th Jun 2012, 06:31
Flat rate per day, differs for captains and co-pilots, but you also get the daily rate and per diem/incentive pay too.

Can be reasonably lucrative if you do a fair few days.

helofixer
4th Jun 2012, 18:02
1.5 times your hourly rate for however many hours you work over for. After 7 consecutive 12 hour days im about done with the desire of bending wrenches, especially in the summer time in Louisiana.

ETA: this is of course for mechanics.